Why become a member? ×

Show us your set up.

xgsjx

Quick snapshot while packing away last night.

Precision is my main bass used for about 70% of the set and then the other two basses are a natural finish Gibson EB13 that just gives a different sound for a handful of songs and at the back a white Fender modern player jazz which is used on the two or three songs I play with a pick - all five strings. 

Pedal board is:

Snark tuner > The Leech volume attenuator (tames the extremely hot output of the Gibson) > Ashdown dual band compressor > Hookers Green Bass Machine overdrive > BDI21 (only use this with the Jazz) > Joyo Roll Boost (clean volume boost) all powered by a Harley Benton Power Plant Junior. 

Ashdown ABM 500rc Evo iii head running the two Aguilar DB112 cabs. The line out of the head then runs into the TC Electronic BG250 112 combo at the bottom which effectively is then just a powered extension cab (although I do actually have the mids boosted on it quite a bit which makes everything sound clearer. 

IMG_20180708_002845.jpg

57 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

There's a Sandberg you can just see the edge of on the right, and just out of shot there's a Kawai Sleekline! And a completely decorative banjo...

AirRifle.png.ffaafaff6632ccda23335c75ee71a340.png

Is this decorative too or does it come with rubber pellets for the 10cc section of your set?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Curious as to what is in your rack and what the bottom cab is. Guessing an Ampeg cab of some kind ?

Dave

The rack's got a dbx 2 channel compressor, a BBE pre and a Marshall Jubilee being used as power amp. The enormously heavy cab is a Yamaha 1x15" currently housing a Precision Devices 600w 15".

2 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

AirRifle.png.ffaafaff6632ccda23335c75ee71a340.png

Is this decorative too or does it come with rubber pellets for the 10cc section of your set?

10cc? Eek!

It's to teach the drummer to dance...

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

No, it's for the guitar player, of course. Just to remind him not to try to start soloing.

It's the only way I can get some funk into the rest of the band!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hellzero said:

No, it's for the guitar player, of course. Just to remind him not to try to start soloing.

I don't mind a decent guitar solo.  It's noodling constantly that gets on my thrupneys.

On 06/07/2018 at 15:31, Jecklin said:

Absolutely LOVE the Citroen tag.

I'd be tempted to powder coat the grilles black and ONLY have Citroen label.

Oh man, I LOVE that idea! I've had the warwick cabs for many years, love the weight / tone ratio on them, and I reckon I could do this with black hammerite quite nicely...