Why become a member? ×

Show us your set up.

xgsjx

12 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

So you like Vigier basses then :laugh1:

Yeah they’re alright 🤔

3 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Where is the Delta Metal fretless ? Don't tell me you don't have one !?! 🤪

Had one, sold it to buy a car years ago. Now I have the series one fretless five, on the right. This is even rarer, and sounds better. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ped said:

Wasn't very easy getting it all in one pic, but here we go.

8 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

So you like Vigier basses then :laugh1:

8 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Where is the Delta Metal fretless ? Don't tell me you don't have one !?! 🤪

8 hours ago, ped said:

Yeah they’re alright 🤔

Had one, sold it to buy a car years ago. Now I have the series one fretless five, on the right. This is even rarer, and sounds better. 

I was prompted to visit Vigier's website as I was intrigued by the metal fretboard.

Have I got it right in saying that there appear to be three things that are common to Vigiers?  - Short scale, metal fingerboards on fretless models and super low action?

I was mulling over the notion of having an enamelled metal fingerboard on a fantasy build last year.  I got over myself pretty quick and moved on.  In the course of this morning's search though, I saw something about glass fingerboards.  Dang.

(shuffles off for a good old boggle at the concept)

9 hours ago, ped said:

Yeah they’re alright 🤔

For those looking for it, it's just the left of the left screen, erm a very small part of the upper side of the headstock. Is it the same as Alphonso Johnson ?

244.jpg.76a92b6aab156cd320b72c31d5783205.jpg

11 minutes ago, Norris said:

You wouldn't want that to fall off its stand!

Unless you were really going for that brittle, crunchy sound.

Who needs pedals?  Just chuck a glass guitar down the stairs (with the guitarist if you want to flesh out that tone with some warmer notes).

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hellzero said:

For those looking for it, it's just the left of the left screen, erm a very small part of the upper side of the headstock. Is it the same as Alphonso Johnson ?

Nobody noticed i was telling crap. B|

What's behind the screen is a "Whosenameisforbiddentomentionhere"... :biggrin:

The basses in my pic are (L-R)

WIngbass

Vigier Passion

Vigier Arpege

Vigier Arpege fretless

The pic you posted is Alphonso Johnson trying to look like me. He cals all the time, bit annoying actually. I call him the 'Phons

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

What's going on with the fret lines on that bass?

Weird, I haven't noticed that before. Normally the fretless (non delta metal) ones don't have dots, either. Maybe it was a Friday afternoon job. Possibly some strange tuning thing? 

EDIT: 

Just called 'Phons, he said:

It has the phenowood fingerboard, but with the fret markings in the position they would have on a fretted bass - you have to push down the strings BETWEEN the fret markings, not ON them. See you later ped by the way can you come to my barbec....( I hung up)

29693_rep.jpg

• Haha 1

I read that it was made this way on the 'Phons request. Remember that he played with Santana (Mexican mushrooms can sometimes have side effects) and Weather Report (alcool can also have some strange side effects)...

28 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

What's going on with the fret lines on that bass?

If tuned slightly below 'concert' pitch, those lines would represent where to put the fingers to get the same note as a fretted bass, tuned normally. It wouldn't do for playing any open string, but would make finger placement uniform between fretted and fretless instruments. Just a theory; may be erroneous. -_-

1 hour ago, ped said:

Weird, I haven't noticed that before. Normally the fretless (non delta metal) ones don't have dots, either. Maybe it was a Friday afternoon job. Possibly some strange tuning thing? 

EDIT: 

Just called 'Phons, he said:

It has the phenowood fingerboard, but with the fret markings in the position they would have on a fretted bass - you have to push down the strings BETWEEN the fret markings, not ON them. See you later ped by the way can you come to my barbec....( I hung up)

29693_rep.jpg

'Phons phoned and gave the answer...

Nobody noticed i was telling crap. B|

What's behind the screen is a "Whosenameisforbiddentomentionhere"... :biggrin:

I just thought you had difficulty telling right from left and I kept it to myself to save embarrassing you.  Oops.

As the police often say "Nothing to see here, please move along".  My home studio with Chowny SWB-1 and a SubZero 1035 combo amp.  On the music stand shelf I have an old Yamaha drum machine (that I struggle to operate) and a Tascam GB-10 bass guitar trainer that allows me to play along to MP3 tracks.  At church, I am plugged into a DI box and fed through the church mixing desk so do not need a specific bass amp.

P1060031.JPG

• Like 1

Guest Jecklin
On 03/07/2018 at 13:52, basexperience said:

From last Saturday’s gig. This is the mega-analog-synth-pedalboard setup. Now with added recently re-shelled Trace Elliot V4 all-valve head (its first gig in a very long time). Zilla Cabs do GORGEOUS

A68D096C-F6D2-4E69-8325-26129849D1A4.jpeg

Absolutely LOVE the Citroen tag.

I'd be tempted to powder coat the grilles black and ONLY have Citroen label.

This is from a big outdoor gig I did back in 2015. 

An LM2 and an LM3, each powering a cab - a Schroeder 1210 and an Aguilar GS410.

There's a Korg Pitchblack tuner and then a Boss Chorus pedal (switched off) to split the signal into the two heads. I normally just use one head and one cabinet for regular gigs. 

The bass is an old USA precision. Not pictured are the spare basses - a MIJ Mustang and a Yamaha BB604. (I didn't have them yet). 

IMG_9744.PNG

Edited by bassbiscuits