Why become a member? ×

Show us your set up.

xgsjx

1 minute ago, dmccombe7 said:

Bet that sounds nice. Love those Vigier basses and the Darkglass amp sounds nice. Not heard it thru a Darkglass cab live tho

The combination of the Vigier and the Darkglass is truly stunning. The bass is second to none. I love it so much! So much so, I have another coming this year. I really have found my home with Vigier and now, with Darkglass too. The cabs are a revelation. Very pure and dynamic plus, plenty of headroom. I used to have a TC rig and though great, you could hear the "colouring" of the amp and cabs. As stated, these are very "clean" and pure. Beautifully made as well. I'm going to get another 2x10 in the coming months. Monster tones and sound 😋 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

What's the bass ?

It's a Antoria Black Eagle, according to the serial number 1975. Being new to bass playing, and having been gifted that one several years ago, I have nothing to compare it to but I like the tone, even through a guitar headphone amp. 

22 minutes ago, Zalastar said:

It's a Antoria Black Eagle, according to the serial number 1975. Being new to bass playing, and having been gifted that one several years ago, I have nothing to compare it to but I like the tone, even through a guitar headphone amp. 

I remember the Antoria basses now that you mention it and from memory they were regarded as one of the better of the "Jap" manufacturers at the time. Really nice basses and well made.

Nice to see one again. Its a keeper so don't sell it. 

Dave

34 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I remember the Antoria basses now that you mention it and from memory they were regarded as one of the better of the "Jap" manufacturers at the time. Really nice basses and well made.

Nice to see one again. Its a keeper so don't sell it. 

Dave

Antoria was a UK brand made by the same company as Ibanez - the guitars were identical except for the headstock logo.  Although Antoria also made a white one....

And a slightly bigger Vox Amp (AD30VT)

DSC_0002 (small).jpg

Edited by SnowEagle

24 minutes ago, SnowEagle said:

Antoria was a UK brand made by the same company as Ibanez - the guitars were identical except for the headstock logo.  Although Antoria also made a white one....

And a slightly bigger Vox Amp (AD30VT)

DSC_0002 (small).jpg

That is nice in white :-)

From what i can find on Wiki Antoria was originally produced by German company Framus and later in 70's started to import guitars from Japan which were produced in same factory as Ibanez.

In 80's the brand was purchased by John Lawson altho i'm not sure where they were based in 80's from then but in 2010 they were owned by Tim Gentle Music of Stockton on Tees and that's maybe why you assume they were always a UK company

That's why i assumed it was a Japanese bass as i had seen them when they first appeared on the scene in late 70's. There were a number of Japanese companies producing some great Fender copies back in the late 70's / early 80's incl Tokai and Squier

Dave

5 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

There were a number of Japanese companies producing some great Fender copies back in the late 70's / early 80's incl Tokai and Squier...

As 70s Fenders become more expensive, good Japanese instruments of that era are where it's at.

• Like 1

Wasn't very easy getting it all in one pic, but here we go.

The 'amp' here is my headphones from the VB99 synth and the BH800 under my monitor powers the TecAmp bassboard under me' chair.

IMG_0595.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ped said:

Wasn't very easy getting it all in one pic, but here we go.

The 'amp' here is my headphones from the VB99 synth and the BH800 under my monitor powers the TecAmp bassboard under me' chair.

IMG_0595.jpg

So you like Vigier basses then :laugh1: