Why become a member? ×

A bass for less than $60!

Grahambythesea

They are full size but may be short scale, the ad didn’t say.  This is the shipper Hai Jing Yuan Technology (Hong Kong) Co.,Limited , the reviews are not good averaging 2.9 out of 5 so I won’t be tempted to get one and bring it home! 

Edited by Grahambythesea
Added commenr

All the headstock shapes differ from each other lol, zoom in and compare.

Really don’t know why people get excited by Basses that are cheaper than some string sets. Unless money is a genuine problem, they’re not going to be worth your while!

Si

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I don't know, maybe there are going to be some american kids who get a not very good bass but learn to play it and end up in a band. Probably not bad.

I should have (way) more specific!

I don’t know why people on the forum, who otherwise usually own some decent basses, get excited about basses that cost same as a set of strings......etc etc

Si

Oh I don’t know, there is the fun of getting something and hacking around on it, although probably more for the money you are better off looking for unpopular but good brands on eBay that no one has bid on. 

It is true to say that those don’t look like they are going to be good!

3 hours ago, Sibob said:

I don’t know why people on the forum, who otherwise usually own some decent basses, get excited about basses that cost same as a set of strings......etc etc

Si

To set on fire on stage?

• Haha 2

On 03/07/2018 at 23:45, Woodinblack said:

I don't know, maybe there are going to be some american kids who get a not very good bass but learn to play it and end up in a band. Probably not bad.

I wasn’t excited, I thought the price was unbelievably cheap and probably a load of nasty Chinese junk, but interesting to show others what’s out there!

On 04/07/2018 at 10:17, Sibob said:

Si

Because they’re great for practicing fretwork and refinishing etc on without caring if you mess it up?

21 minutes ago, skej21 said:

Because they’re great for practicing fretwork and refinishing etc on without caring if you mess it up?

See that’s a legit reason, however it doesn’t seem to be the usually cited impetus.

Si

12 minutes ago, Sibob said:

See that’s a legit reason, however it doesn’t seem to be the usually cited impetus.

Si

I don’t know because I’ve never bought one but that’s about the only legit reason I can think of! I’m with you, seems like a bit of a waste of time tbh

• Like 1

I once bought a cheap guitar just because I had a little extra cash in my pocket and it looked pretty. I fully intended it to be decoration on the wall.

It was a Les Paul style guitar, dark burgundy mahogany body, translucent, nothing fancy... P90 pickups and black plate.

It was made by an unknown to me at the time brand. SX.

It arrived, and apart from needing attention to the nut and a couple of frets, it was pretty damn good. Set neck, which I did not expect, and reasonably well made with a handful of very minor cosmetic details, understandable at the price.

It became my #1 guitar. I was at a guitar bash style thing once with it, in 2003 or 2004, and there was a guy with a Gibson Les paul Jr with a couple of P90 pickups... and most preferred my guitar in feel and sound.

Sometimes (not often, I admit), you get lucky. SX make budget instruments but they do make functional instruments.

Other companies, not so much.

Anyway, some people like to collect instruments because they look nice. Why not?