Why become a member? ×

July Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

July's Composition Challenge is now underway!

Here’s the image for your inspiration, chosen by last month's winner, discreet… 

dancer.jpg!Large.jpg

Rules:

• Avoid any content that other forum users may find offensive.
  • Make sure you have permission to use any 3rd party sounds and samples in your track.
  • Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition.

The deadline for entries is midnight on Tuesday 24th July.

When will the picture be up, then..? There's a fuzzy blue blob where it normally resides; I've cleaned my specs but it's still there. Is t'internet broken again..? It's a shame; I was getting all fired up for a new challenge, so I hope it gets fixed soon. I'm thinking, knowing Discreet, that he won't be choosing cuddly kittens in a basket, so whatever gets posted could be interesting. We'll see, when it comes... :|

F

35 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

When will the picture be up, then..? There's a fuzzy blue blob where it normally resides; I've cleaned my specs but it's still there. Is t'internet broken again..? It's a shame; I was getting all fired up for a new challenge, so I hope it gets fixed soon. I'm thinking, knowing Discreet, that he won't be choosing cuddly kittens in a basket, so whatever gets posted could be interesting. We'll see, when it comes... :|

Fuzzy blue blobs are where it's at dude and my ditty is sketched out and recorded as a draft , it needs plenty of additions that I will have to negotiate , but I'm hopeful that the 'simplistic' nature of the picture will be reflected by my simplistic idea  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Surely a pic you don't much like is much more challenging than one you do..? Come on Dad, I thought you were from the age of change, freedom and radical mind expansion! I was quite sure you'd be into modern art. Though 'modern' is a relative term in this case... :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, discreet said:

Surely a pic you don't much like is much more challenging than one you do..? Come on Dad, I thought you were from the age of change, freedom and radical mind expansion! I was quite sure you'd be into modern art. Though 'modern' is a relative term in this case... :)

I'd agree, with the exception that I don't dislike the picture picked at all; in fact I've a decent enough lead in on what to do, this time. I wuz just pulling legs again, as usual, whilst waiting for the Inspiration train to pass. It has (I hope...). I'm not sure you'll like what I produce as much as I like the picture, though. :$

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mornats said:

I just noticed that Skol didn't state that bagpipes aren't allowed this month. #justsayin'

It's implied.... always implied :D 

I was thinking of extending the banned list to panpipes and harmonicas too, but didn't want to come across as being too dictatorial; probably best to offend people's cultural heritage one nation at a time.