Why become a member? ×

A relic too far?!

AndyTravis

Jesus H Christ and Holy Mother of God!!  :swoon:

There's 'relic' and there's 'been under the sea for 100 years'.

Is this really a commercial bass produced by Warwick for general sale? How is that neck joint going to be at all stable? What the hell is happening? I don't care if it's the best-sounding and best-playing bass in the world, I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot-long bass pole!

At least not without a tetanus shot. :|

• Like 1

Warwick do regular one-off showcase basses in their Showroom section:

https://shop.warwick.de/en/Instruments/Electric+Basses/Warwick+Showroom

Most of them are more extravagant versions of standard basses, some are a bit experimental and out there while the odd one (like this) is pretty awful looking. You can buy it if you really want and have 5000 Euros to throw away, I wouldn't recommend it rhough.

3 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

You can buy it if you really want and have 5000 Euros to throw away...

WHAT?? 5000 Euros!!!??? :facepalm:

You may as well just stick your current bass in a garbage truck for a week and flush 5000 notes down the bog!

• Haha 1

Yup, 5k Euro. Somebody somewhere will buy it and have a unique (and incredibly ugly) bass, thankfully it will be a collector and the bass will never see a stage so there's zero chance of actually having to look at it in the flesh.

Check this out for a better example of the Showroom section:

https://shop.warwick.de/en/Instruments/Electric+Basses/Warwick+Showroom/Warwick+Custom+Shop+Streamer+Stage+I,+Lefthand,+4-String+-+Vintage+Sunburst+High+Polish+-+18-3769+_+Showroom+Model

• Like 1

I quite like this black satin stain, though it be a little 'dull' compared with some on that site. ;)

https://shop.warwick.de/en/Instruments/Electric+Basses/Warwick+Showroom/Warwick+Teambuilt+Pro+Series+Corvette+__,+5-String+-+Solid+Black+Satin+-+Showroom+Model

Trouble is, I don't much care for the shape of Warwick basses. But I do like the shape of Spector basses, so pick the bones out of that! :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

Yup, 5k Euro. Somebody somewhere will buy it and have a unique (and incredibly ugly) bass, thankfully it will be a collector and the bass will never see a stage so there's zero chance of actually having to look at it in the flesh.

That's something I suppose, though I can't unsee it now. Where's the brain bleach? 5000 Euros beggars belief. You could buy a proper bass for that!

I have to say if the front looked like the back grain and it wasn’t a Warwick I actually quite like it.

The fact it has emerged from Davy Jones’ Locker is cool but at 5000 dubloons that’s a bit much.

When it’s back in the seconds market at a fifth of the price I may have a dabble

15 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

I have to say if the front looked like the back grain and it wasn’t a Warwick I actually quite like it.

The fact it has emerged from Davy Jones’ Locker is cool but at 5000 dubloons that’s a bit much.

When it’s back in the seconds market at a fifth of the price I may have a dabble

I think I'd rather take a turn in the apple barrel then walk the plank.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, discreet said:

Trouble is, I don't much care for the shape of Warwick basses. But I do like the shape of Spector basses, so pick the bones out of that! :D

I thought I was the only one that thought that...

• Like 1