Why become a member? ×

Darkglass MT900 case/bag

drlargepants

Gator cases do a series of mixer bags in various sizes - check the dimensions of the M900 and I’m sure there will be something the Gator range that fits nicely, perhaps with a bit of extra space for power/speakon cables. The build quality is very good too and they’re very reasonably priced, especially compared to the comically high prices that most amp manufacturers charge for their “official” cases - Darkglass being a prime example!

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the M900 owners club!

I was fortunate in being able to pick up my DG case pretty much half price from young master dannybuoy of this manor, but you're right they are expensive (new) for a case. Having said that, it's a really handy case with pockets for both speakon cable and power supply and I'll often just 'grab and go' my M900 head now for rehearsals and pair it with one of the cabs at the rehearsal studio.

What are you pairing your M900 with? I pair with a VK 210LNT for gigs and they seem to very well suited both in terms of power output and handling, as well as quality.

Feedback from owners of other high end amp heads e.g. the Trickfish Bulhead 1K that I've had thoughts about 'upgrading' to, have very much confirmed that switching from the M900 would be a sideways move (the Bulhead is actually nearer 600W RMS not '1K' which is a 'peak' output measure) and the availability of the Microtubes dirt on the M900 provides the possibility of some more complex / interesting tonal colouration. In the mix my band actually prefer the VMT over the B3K, although there's not a great deal in it, and it may have been related to the particular bass I was using which had bright / aggressive pups.

Out of interest, what amps have you previously used prior to the DG and was anything else in the running when you were thinking of getting your M900?

I see you've parted with your Tech 21 VT Bass deluxe pre-amp on account of getting your M900. Be interested to hear if you feel that the M900 makes the VT BD redundant, once you've had a chance to put it through its paces? I went through a similar thought process with my Two Notes Le Bass - the Microtubes dirt on the M900 covered off what the Channel B on the Two Notes was providing and the Two Notes was similarly moved on.

Hi

I’ve gone from an EBS TD650 and EBS Neoline 2x12 to the Darkglass and a Barefaced Super Twin, primarily because the EBS wouldn’t fit in the boot of my car. If it hadn’t been for that I’d have never have changed it, it just did what I wanted with minimum messing around with dials !

I would have kept the head, but I got so many very good offers for both the head and cab it was hard to turn down. 

I’ve yet to really get to grip with the EQ on the Darkglass and I’m currently using it with a cab that doesn’t really work for me whilst waiting for the Barefaced so it’s hard to judge currently. 

I got the VT to basically improve on the somewhat ropey amps available in the rehearsal rooms we use, but now I have a rig that fits in the car and it’s heavy it’s not really needed now. 

I’m very much at the traditional end of the tone scale so the Darkglass might seem an odd choice, but I’ve managed to get some impressively 70s metal sounds out of it so I’m quite happy with it really. 

Overpriced in my opinion but that’s another story !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I was only just thinking about this the other night.

I have a 900 head. I bought it when they first came out and opted for the Gator case to put it in.

I’ve found that almost every time I remove it from it’s case, all my settings have been lost due to the fabric of the bag acting against the control knobs and a random series of switches are depressed on the back panel. I’ve not seen it, but I would guess the Darkglass case does the same thing?

Does anyone have a solution to this which doesn’t involve taking a photo of the settings and dialling them back in every single time?

Hi - I don't seem to have this issue with the DG case. Just put the amp in the bag with knobs at the front with a significant gap. And then pick it up by the handle in the usual manner.

DG M900 Case.docx