Why become a member? ×

Stringbusters? any others?

witterth

Hi
I have been using Stringbusters.co.uk  an on line site for some time but they seem to have let me down, I have paid for 4 sets of strings in May and seen or heard nothing!!  ( used lots of times and no issue till now) so Worried I've never had any problems before. they haven't answered the 'phone or e-mail. despite that, can anyone recommend a good reliable retailer? ( I would like some Double end strings lights and some light gauge standardish strings too)
Reccomendations welcome
thanks
W

27 minutes ago, witterth said:

Hi
I have been using Stringbusters.co.uk  an on line site for some time but they seem to have let me down, I have paid for 4 sets of strings in May and seen or heard nothing!!  ( used lots of times and no issue till now) so Worried I've never had any problems before. they haven't answered the 'phone or e-mail. despite that, can anyone recommend a good reliable retailer? ( I would like some Double end strings lights and some light gauge standardish strings too)
Reccomendations welcome
thanks
W

There's a few on here who've had your experience including myself. If you paid by Paypal raise a dispute, they'll get your cash back, they did for me.

I've been using Amazon lately.  Due to me and the wife regularly buying various goods plus the TV package we have opted to be  prime customers (about £70.00 a year). With that you get all sorts of discounts and most often free next day delivery so for me the £70.00  becomes very cost effective as its not just strings that I order through the site.

I use Strings Direct as a back up if on the very rare occasion I cant find what I want at the price I'm happy to pay as although they are more expensive they are at least extremely reliable. 

If buying from Amazon (Elixir strings, in particular) make sure they're sold and dispatched by Amazon, as many fakes are being sold by third party retailers (often they don't know it themselves)