Why become a member? ×

BassChat Podcast 30.6.18

Highfox

When the banner came up it seemed to stop BC sending messages telling me I'd submitted a post. I didn't know what was going on and hit sub several times. It submitted the post every time and didn't tell me it had done so. The reply message box wasn't cleared down either after the first post. !!!

Edited by chris_b

The problem I have with podcasts is getting time to listen to them, so I don't usually bother. I had a lazy couple of hours today and I thought I should bother... so I did.

It works for me! The history bit was nothing new to me but would be valuable to others, the Chowny interview was insightful, both from technical points and a real eye opener as to how much work goes in to getting things off the ground, plus how the right connections at the right time can make or break. I loved the blind test, a great idea... although I had a sneaking suspicion that it was going to be what it was. It was pretty comprehensive and clearly presented in terms of the adjustments being made.

It's a potential winner. Congratulations to all involved.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to have a pinned thread with links to the podcast? Preferably one with just the links to the podcast episodes with no other comments allowed? The individual threads very quickly get drowned in the general noise and even searching for them will involve a fair bit of scrolling as more are published 

Edit: As you may have gathered, I still haven't caught up with episode 1 yet! :)

Edited by Norris
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norris said:

Is it possible to have a pinned thread with links to the podcast? Preferably one with just the links to the podcast episodes with no other comments allowed? The individual threads very quickly get drowned in the general noise and even searching for them will involve a fair bit of scrolling as more are published 

Edit: As you may have gathered, I still haven't caught up with episode 1 yet! :)

Good idea I’ll sort that today. Also if you subscribe or visit the links you should see all episodes. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Norris said:

I thought a pinned thread might help people discover it more easily, especially newer members. More listeners can never be a bad thing :)

Absolutely, pinned & locked thread makes sense. Then people can listen and subscribe on either iTunes, Spotify & Stitcher :)

Si

16 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Absolutely, pinned & locked thread makes sense. Then people can listen and subscribe on either iTunes, Spotify & Stitcher :)

Si

Information as to where it can be found would be useful too. I've never heard of Stitcher, not being a regular podcast listener