Why become a member? ×

The coolest bass gadget ever ?

fleabag

I always thought the Zeta Crossover bass was a neat ‘gadget’. But since I first saw them in Bassist mag in the 90s I haven’t heard hide nor hair since, let alone ever seen one for sale. Either they’re brilliant and nobody wants to sell, or they didn’t take off. 

9 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

I always thought the Zeta Crossover bass was a neat ‘gadget’. But since I first saw them in Bassist mag in the 90s I haven’t heard hide nor hair since, let alone ever seen one for sale. Either they’re brilliant and nobody wants to sell, or they didn’t take off. 

The Bass Gallery had one for a long time.  Might even still be there.

3 minutes ago, ianrendall said:

I had two, one four and one five, nice fretlesses, but no double bass sound at all... Also had a lot of Godin Zeta Z1's or other brands names these were terrific basses especially the fretless ones. And also had two Zeta Prism basses, terrific looking and sounding too, the Zeta BP-410 bridge and electronics were brilliant ideas !

12 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

True.  I never actually thought about that    the gadget mutes from the bridge  not from the nut  so it would mute the whole string

Yes, it would presumably mute all notes equally, including fretted ones. I suppose a wrap would be useful for muting unfretted open strings that would otherwise ring out if one's muting technique wasn't quite 100%.

9 hours ago, discreet said:

Yes, it would presumably mute all notes equally, including fretted ones. I suppose a wrap would be useful for muting unfretted open strings that would otherwise ring out if one's muting technique wasn't quite 100%.

I believe wraps are good for metal.

The Musicman system requires that you stop for setting it doesn't it?

If palm muting is off the cards and you aren't able to instinctively mute with your fretting hand, the gadget might help  To me it just seems like more paraphernalia to distract from inadequacies in my technique.

Oh, and I bet it's shyte for metal.

Edited by SpondonBassed