Why become a member? ×

Delta Radio - EP and free music

bassintheface

Hey guys,

I've been working on a new project with some buddies for a while and we've finally put our first EP out.

We recorded it ourselves, but had the mastering done by none other than Charlie Francis (yes, as in REM 'UP' Charlie Francis).

We've picked up a few smart support gigs - we've supported Aynsley Lister; Stevie Nimmo and Toronzo Cannon with lots more planned.

If anyone wants to hear more, we've got a bandcamp page with free downloads - pm me and I'll give you a free code - 1st come, 1st

served.

You can download or stream on iTunes, Spotify, Deezer etc.

Be good to hear what you guys think.

Give us a like on facebook  / twitter / instagram etc.....

https://deltaradioband.wordpress.com/

https://en-gb.facebook.com/deltaradioband/

https://twitter.com/deltaradioband?lang=en

'Embassy' from the EP - 

Edited by bassintheface
web links to add

54 minutes ago, bassintheface said:

...Be good to hear what you guys think...

I hope (in fact, I'm sure...) that I'm not the 'target audience' for this, as, to be utterly frank, I didn't enjoy it much at all. Nothing radically wrong with the production as such, except for the all-too-often indecipherable lyrics; the actual recording quality stands on its feet. No, it's the composition itself and its arrangement that I couldn't latch on to. That whining 'hook' instrument (What is it, an electric violin..? A bombarde..? A stuck pig..?), the 'drone' effect and the lack of 'going anywhere' made it difficult to get through to the end. The looped video didn't help, but that's secondary. I don't think I'd stay for long at a concert of stuff like this. I thought I recognised echoes of Manzarek in the keys solo, though, so that's alright.
Well done, of course, for having made the contacts and got the gigs together (no easy feat, so kudos...), and congratulations for getting your music 'out there' at all. I'm not much of a modern media type, and don't do this 'ere facebook lark 'n all, but good luck with it all. Sorry I couldn't be kinder; put it down to me being an old curmudgeon and carry on carrying on. :drinks:

Edited by Dad3353

I actually quite like how you did the sounds individually, but I do agree there might be too many things vying for attention within the same sonic space. When the pre-chorusy bit starts I feel something clicking into place, but then I feel there is no payoff...

In an effort to be constructive I’d suggest thinking about untangling a few call and response patterns... anyway, there’s some assertive playing underneath it all, so I’m sure you’ll figure out how to make that sound work for your arrangements.

But that’s just me rambling. Congratulations and best of luck with the tour!

Totally fine with me gents. Honestly!

im old enough and ugly enough to take any comments on board!

I appreciate all/any constructive feedback and views.

I appreciate what we’re doing won’t be for everyone and it’s still very much a work in progress, but it’s somehing we’re very much enjoying doing and picking up decent gigs. in fact, we’ll be playing at the Principality Stadium (Millennium Stadium) on sat 21st July as in Stadium Ents for the international speedway motorcycle racing.

we’re constantly writing and have tonnes of songs written.

we’re very much an ‘alternative’ blues band, and certainly trying to stay away from the current trend of ‘blues by numbers’ and trying to do our own, and in our opinion, uncontrived thing.

Only time will tell if we manage to convey that and it works of course! 

17 hours ago, bassintheface said:

we’re constantly writing and have tonnes of songs written.

we’re very much an ‘alternative’ blues band, and certainly trying to stay away from the current trend of ‘blues by numbers’ and trying to do our own, and in our opinion, uncontrived thing.

I can identify with trying to do something uncontrived, and I certainly intended for the feedback to be constructive. I do hope it came across that way.

Sounds like the band is in a good place!