Why become a member? ×

LES FAUX PAS DE BASSE

grandad

6 hours ago, MGBrown said:

Misdemeanours (UK)

Misdemeanors (US)

Thank you. Corrected and apology given. 

That's 2 spelling mistakes I've been reprimanded for in this post and that's before the chidings I expected for my depicted misconduct.

But it's good to see that BC is doing its bit to maintain high standards, (oh no, I started this sentence with a conjunction).

Edited by grandad
grammar
  • Haha 2

I'd like to try a GK MB200, 2lbs, and a Peavey Minimax, 5lbs. The TCE is 4lbs. This lightweight gear is just great, BF did us a big favour.

Together with the fact that I sit on a chair to play in my Blue Harbour comfortable clothing I'm finding this bass playing lark less taxing than ever. The next performance will see the Fox Hollies Set at Fenny Drayton where St Micheal and All Angels Church have their Summer fete next week. We're on after a recital by a lady pianist of the parish. Refreshments available of course. Life has never been better!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, grandad said:

..Together with the fact that I sit on a chair to play in my Blue Harbour comfortable clothing I'm finding this bass playing lark less taxing than ever.....,

There's another one 😄

Being a fashion guru and generally presenting myself carefully , I found on too many occasions I would have the highly embarrassing scenario of encountering Blue Harbour dressers , while being similarly Blue Harbour adorned .

I have since found that the  Barnardos and local hospice outlets offer far more individual style potential 

On 01/07/2018 at 16:38, lurksalot said:

There's another one 😄

Being a fashion guru and generally presenting myself carefully , I found on too many occasions I would have the highly embarrassing scenario of encountering Blue Harbour dressers , while being similarly Blue Harbour adorned .

I have since found that the  Barnardos and local hospice outlets offer far more individual style potential 

It's nice to meet another of the Porto Blu persuasion and yes I also supplement my wardrobe with a selection of car-boot and charity finds. However, my immediate dilemma concerns appropriate footwear. On the left, open-toed and perhaps a little risque. On the right a sensible velcro fastened. Which to wear? These will accompany my beige chino's and a light check cotton shirt which I may not tuck in my waistband due to the hot weather. Grateful for all and any suggestions.

100_0342.JPG