Why become a member? ×

NBD - ACG content!

Sibob

Some of you may have followed the diary in the build forum, but for those of you who don't frequent those parts, here's my new ACG Krell E-Type 6:

IMG_8601.thumb.JPG.c4be768f9df2d153903b53d1c548426f.JPGIMG_8600.thumb.JPG.f16242b48033f65f52c8f59cb9b07a36.JPGIMG_8605.thumb.JPG.2e1898226b5a4871706ec1daff1d20d5.JPGIMG_8604.thumb.JPG.2e9695a9056410564defa9c6a6e37c83.JPG

These are Alan's photos, but it arrived yesterday.

Spec:
Alder body
Indian Cedar top
33" scale 
24 frets
Ash neck
Macassar Ebony fingerboard (with a very slight radius)
ACG RFB dual coils
East Uni-Pre 4K

I believe it's also one of the first with Alan's new headpiece, which really tidies up the string ends on headless basses!
I've already recorded the theme for the new Basschat Podcast with it, loving the sound, so make sure you download that and have a listen when it's available in the next few days.

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

I’ve never before wanted a modern looking, and/or 6 string bass. However; if my lotto ticket is a winner I’m getting one of these! It’s beautiful.

It's a lovely sounding thing too, I'm very much from a 'passive Fender' school of thought, hence the Alder body......although I confess to going Ash neck purely for the grain haha.
Everything set flat, it's round and deep with some growl, all strings very even tonally (which is difficult with a C string usually). Very happy so far.

Si

1 hour ago, Sibob said:

I've already recorded the theme for the new Basschat Podcast with it, loving the sound, so make sure you download that and have a listen when it's available in the next few days.

Hahahahaha!  Good one.

Two way product placement!

I'm chuffed to be among the first to hear it played Si.  Congratulations.

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ped said:

Close up if the ‘headstock’ if you please 

Will get one tonight for you!

1 hour ago, JohnR said:

I can't stop coming back to look at this. It is an incredible bass.

It's really quite a thing of beauty, but most importantly it feels and sounds amazing. My main goal was a full range bass (ie 6 strings), but in a small package, but that still felt familiar. I played Eude's 31.5" scale 6er ACGs and they weren't quite for me. My old Fodera Imperial was 33" and felt fantastic, so we went with that.
Because it's headless, as well as medium scale, it should fit in a Mono guitar bag.....no more ducking when getting on trains lol

Si