Why become a member? ×

SOLD : 1987 & 1993 Fender Jazz Bass Specials - Black and White - make me an offer!
£750

Clarky72

PRICE DROP TO £650 FOR EACH

1993 Fender Jazz Bass Special for sale. MIJ. Great condition for a 25 year old bass. There are some scratches and wear which I have tried to show in the pics. The most noticeable are the headstock and the edge of the body near the knobs. A much better bass than the Duff McKagan signature models, slimmer J neck rather the P, and better pickups. All original aside the knobs, and the Black Death sticker, which is just vinyl and will peel off without leaving any mark or residue (if you're not a diehard GNR fan)

1987 Fender Jazz Bass Special for sale. MIJ. Almost spotless, superb condition. White paint has matured into a lovely cream patina. No real marks or scratches to speak of. 

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

tumblr_mzks1ddl6I1s0sc01o1_500.jpg

side.jpg

36312809_10160322711630417_2507796481755316224_n.jpg

36378303_10160322716525417_6135834306775351296_n.jpg

Edited by Clarky72
price drop

I've had 3 of these over the years, they are great Basses, and this is one of the cleanest I've ever seen!!

Just one thing, are you sure the Split P pickup is original?  Could just be the camera angle, but as far as I remember, the pole pieces were oversized (much like they are on SD QP's), you can see this on the Jazz pup, but they look more 'normal' size on the P Pickup...

Lush Bass either way!  GLWTS!

Edited by LewisK1975

19 hours ago, LewisK1975 said:

I've had 3 of these over the years, they are great Basses, and this is one of the cleanest I've ever seen!!

Just one thing, are you sure the Split P pickup is original?  Could just be the camera angle, but as far as I remember, the pole pieces were oversized (much like they are on SD QP's), you can see this on the Jazz pup, but they look more 'normal' size on the P Pickup...

Now you mention it I might have swapped the stock out for Fender 62 P's.... I really can't remember to be honest! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LewisK1975 said:

re: the Split pickup, not always - both of mine had the normal sized pole pieces. I suppose it's a bit like the fact that some of these came with black lacquered necks and some were natural gloss. They also sometimes came with different bridges too. One of my basses has a Gotoh looking bridge that I've seen on other similar models and the other is just the BBoT type. Yet there's just two years between their manufacture date. 

Still, that aside, who cares, these are the real deal and some of the best to come out of Fender Japan (for good examples that have been looked after they are remarkable for the money). Although I don't tend to gig with them as I'm of 5 or 6 strings, these are two basses that I will be very hard pushed to ever part with. (Especially the example that I use in Guitar Interactive the most. Insanely nice!)

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, dood said:

re: the Split pickup, not always - both of mine had the normal sized pole pieces. I suppose it's a bit like the fact that some of these came with black lacquered necks and some were natural gloss. They also sometimes came with different bridges too. One of my basses has a Gotoh looking bridge that I've seen on other similar models and the other is just the BBoT type. Yet there's just two years between their manufacture date. 

Still, that aside, who cares, these are the real deal and some of the best to come out of Fender Japan (for good examples that have been looked after they are remarkable for the money). Although I don't tend to gig with them as I'm of 5 or 6 strings, these are two basses that I will be very hard pushed to ever part with. (Especially the example that I use in Guitar Interactive the most. Insanely nice!)

Ah well that's good to know, I know the few I had all had the oversized pole pieces, that's what led me to beleive they all did!!

Live and learn!  Cheers Dan!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...