Why become a member? ×

Whats happened to Jeff? Hope he's ok

KingPrawn

Oh dear. Instead of saying "Silly me. My bad. Sorry folks", he has to "go back into therapy to find out what is happening", etc, etc. Jeff, you were a @rse. We all do it on occasions (some of us more than others). Try not to in future. All the talk about "therapy" is just a way of avoiding owning up - "I need to find out what's happening, it wasn't my fault, some unseen hand is controlling me, blah, blah". Give it a rest.

Edited by Dan Dare
*@$% filter
  • Like 2

What was the original post? He's been in and out of therapy for ages.

Not heard too much from him since he moved to Nashville.

May be more to do with his career trajectory,  success at integrating with the session scene, and his teaching website than simply a twitter reaction.

I think that's the root of the whole thing... he came up in the late 70s with a technique on par with Jaco (maybe) and Stanley but without the compositional skills or band forum showcase to project him.

You can find his best work on Patrick Moraz 'Story of I', the four Bruford albums and my favourite JB, with Allan Holdsworth on 'Road Games'. These are not records that worried the chart compilers to any great extent... I saw him play a mind-blowing gig with John McLaughlin and Trilok Gurtu... but it never made it to records. I think some people find him hard to get along with due to the chip on his shoulder about not being recognised in the same way as Jaco or Stanley.

Plus he's had other issues, parents holocaust survivors which casts long shadows and I think one of his kids had cancer but pulled through. Hope he gets back to playing with his trio with Scott Henderson and the mighty Denise Chambers... loads of potential there... Loved some of their Weather Report arrangements with guitar...

Edited by visog
  • Like 6

44 minutes ago, visog said:

Hope he gets back to playing with his trio with Scott Henderson and the mighty Denise Chambers... loads of potential there... Loved some of their Weather Report arrangements with guitar...

I love Denise Chambers.... she's great ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Not  really a fan of the music though

That bass solo.... in the words of Alan Partridge.... "That's just a noise...!"

I can play lots of wrong sounding notes very fast in any order I like too.....

Edited by cetera
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Instead of saying "Silly me. My bad. Sorry folks", he has to "go back into therapy to find out what is happening",  All the talk about "therapy" is just a way of avoiding owning up -

Kind of building a "Berlin wall"...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conan said:

Kind of building a "Berlin wall"...

Indeed. Very American - massive self justification, anything rather than simply admit one is wrong or has made a mistake. I played in a band with s similar fellow from across the pond once. He was a nightmare; he actually told me on one occasion "I NEVER make mistakes". Needless to say, I didn't hang around for long. His wife, who was/is a good musician (she played keys and sang), used to carry him - nodding cues at him, counting him in for breaks, etc, etc. Sometimes, he didn't even tune his guitar before we started playing. If you reminded him, he'd act all insulted.

I'm another unfamiliar with his work.

Only things I ever picked up about JB were over on TB, where he had  - seemingly a fair bit - had a good old rant/tantrum, and alienated loads of players!

I though he was banned from TB for a while? Or stormed off or something?