Why become a member? ×

B-Stock Ashdown B-Social wood for only £250.

Ive not really read much about these but this seems a steal. Almost less than half price and its the limited edition version. Includes a built in wireless system

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-Stock-Ashdown-B-Social-Wood-75W-Stereo-Amplifier/292617311563?hash=item442159d54b:g:Ce4AAOSw5cNa~Uhf

Edited by dave_bass5

I have one - it's a really good piece of practice kit. It will even power an extension cab (i've used it with a 1x12 before). The wireless seems not to work too well and the transmitter is hideous, but the bluetooth is great. 

Not sure what makes this a limited edition version - looks just like my regular one.  Great price though. 

I’ve got one and at £250 they’re a great addition to the home studio. All the bits work on mine and the apptek port works well with iPad / iPhone guitar / bass simulation apps. They take it from a useful practice amp to a great sim amp.

I know someone who got one from this seller. He is more than happy with it for what it is, a practice amp. One issue he had is the wireless part didn’t work. 

Apparently after so many months of not being used they transmitter will need to be re-paired with the amp. There is no easy way to do it, no paring button. He ended up taking  it to Ashdown to get this done, although he said that was because the guy that knew how to do it wasn’t there at the time he called, and he doesn’t live far from them. Yes, they are genuine Ashdown amps. 

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

There is no easy way to do it, no paring button. He ended up taking  it to Ashdown to get this done, ...

There is an easy way to do it and there is a pairing button - it's on the back of the unit. 

These are far from being dreadful' units. I would imagine they are being discontinued because the retail price made them unattractive purchases.  This has been discussed on here at length 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Muppet said:

There is an easy way to do it and there is a pairing button - it's on the back of the unit. 

These are far from being dreadful' units. I would imagine they are being discontinued because the retail price made them unattractive purchases.  This has been discussed on here at length 

Ah cool. Ill let him know. Strange that Asdown didnt tell him this on the phone though.

Having just read the thread about these i can see even £250 isnt that great compare what they were going for. Id be quite tempted if it was one of the other colours, but i dont like the one in the link.

I wouldn’t hesitate getting it from him, had I not read the post by Ashdown in the thread about these. It seems they are saying there are faulty units  around. Id rather not have use eBay if there is a chance i may need good after sales service, and certainly not from a non UK seller, as its just extra hassle I don’t need. 

• 2 weeks later...