Why become a member? ×

Markbass Sensitivity

Quilly

Just ordered a 4ohm Mark bass 2 * 10 traveler cabinet to use with a valve head (to accompany my barefaced two10). The SPL sensitivity specification of 101db seems a little bit like specsmanship? (i.e. are they just using a peak SPL figure at a frequency outside normal bass response). I want to use this with a 100W valve head so sensitivity is pretty important to me. Anyone have any experience with this cabinet?    

1 hour ago, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

It is, and not just a little bit. But if you have a BF two 10 why pair it with this? That BF should handle every watt that your head can put out.

Was hoping to run it with the Two10 through the 2 ohm output of my amp.  I reckon the tweeter in the MB would add a little more high end to the overall sound of the rig. I kinda need a back up cabinet anyways.  

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:51, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

It is, and not just a little bit. But if you have a BF two 10 why pair it with this? That BF should handle every watt that your head can put out.

does this figure imply that the 2 drivers are 98dB sensitivity?

On 26/06/2018 at 12:51, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

Bill you are right, decided not to go ahead with it. Had the CTM-100 at 3 O'Clock yesterday at rehearsal and the cab sounded sweet.    

• Like 1