• kingofthestuntmen 'June '18 BC Comp WiP 2.0 Mastered'
    • Lurksalot 'Noir'
    • JBP 'Boots'
    • Dad3353 'Cat O'Nine Tales'
    • discreet 'Night Cat'
    • Mornats 'One Down'
    • Bleat 'The Fragile'

This poll is closed to new votes

Voting has now started on June's Composition Challenge.

Please vote for your top THREE favourites:

Akio Dāku 'Blackout'

kingofthestuntmen 'June '18 BC Comp WiP 2.0 Mastered' (winner of the Catchy Title Award!)

Lurksalot 'Noir'

JBP 'Boots'

Dad3353 'Cat O'Nine Tales'

discreet 'Night Cat'

Mornats 'One Down' 

Bleat 'The Fragile'

Voting ends at midnight on Saturday 30th June.

Edited by Skol303

When all done here (but take your time; the pieces are worth it...), you may be interested in voting for the Basschat 2018 Photo Competition, to be found here ...

Basschat 2018 Photo Competition, June ...

The theme, chosen by Hellzero, was 'The photo you like the most because of the story behind.'

Give 'em all a good look; choose the three that best represent the theme, in your view.

Thanks in advance

Goodness me, but it's getting so hard to choose between the works, month after month. The quality shown here is formidable, such variety of interpretation and execution. Between half-comic, semi-literal, entirely atmospheric, or musical puns, how to compare..? I'd be tempted to award winner's certificates to all who entered a piece; there's nothing here that doesn't deserve one. It makes me somewhat afraid of continuing to listen to 'em all each month; they're getting so good, I can't favour one over another..! Astonishing Stuff, y'all.

R91KekF.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Goodness me, but it's getting so hard to choose between the works, month after month. The quality shown here is formidable, such variety of interpretation and execution. Between half-comic, semi-literal, entirely atmospheric, or musical puns, how to compare..? I'd be tempted to award winner's certificates to all who entered a piece; there's nothing here that doesn't deserve one. It makes me somewhat afraid of continuing to listen to 'em all each month; they're getting so good, I can't favour one over another..! Astonishing Stuff, y'all.

R91KekF.gif

I thought that after submitting mine!

I didn't listen to any until mine was done , then when I did , I was taken aback at how good they were. 

I take the view that everyone might put up a duff one one month and I'll get a certificate 😂

...... but certainly not happened this time 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lurksalot said:

I take the view that everyone might put up a duff one one month and I'll get a certificate 😂...

... or maybe just you, me and Lenny entering..? You're sure to be in with a chance then..! :D

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, lurksalot said:

I thought that after submitting mine!

I didn't listen to any until mine was done , then when I did , I was taken aback at how good they were. 

I take the view that everyone might put up a duff one one month and I'll get a certificate 😂

...... but certainly not happened this time 

You do yourself a disservice good Sir. I for one have voted for your piece and will condemn this competition as fixed, if it fails to honour you with the winning position. You are a bard of Shakespearean capacity and your talent should not go unrecognised! 😍   

16 minutes ago, Akio Dāku said:

You do yourself a disservice good Sir. I for one have voted for your piece and will condemn this competition as fixed, if it fails to honour you with the winning position. You are a bard of Shakespearean capacity and your talent should not go unrecognised! 😍   

I guess hearing my back catalogue is what inspired you to join basschat 😏 you have a refined ear my friend 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akio Dāku said:

a39K7aO.gif

(On the other hand, it's not nice to mock the poor lad in that fashion. He might believe some of it. 9_9 )

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

... or maybe just you, me and Lenny entering..? You're sure to be in with a chance then..! :D

I'll enter that one as well, just to make up the numbers.  The months that have passed since I last submitted a composition haven't done me any favours!  A cracking set of entries this month, well done all. 

55 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

a39K7aO.gif

(On the other hand, it's not nice to mock the poor lad in that fashion. He might believe some of it. 9_9 )

Believe some of it 😮

I'll have you know I'm using all of it as references looking for my next 2 album deal . 

It will be front page NME before chrimbo dudes 😇  😎 🍾

• Like 1

Currently on my hol’s in Newquay, minus my phone which didn’t make it any further south than Lancaster services, but I’ve discovered the holiday park has a ‘WiFi Lounge’, so felt I should submit my vote...

Loving the variety of tracks, blown away that someone voted for me, and determined to submit another entry next month. And I promise it’ll have an actual title this time..!

Edited by kingofthestuntmen
  • Like 1