Why become a member? ×

NAD - my Frankenstein Rig.

Painy

This week saw the arrival of my new (used) TC Electronic BG250 112 combo.

I love the sound of my Ashdown ABM500 and Aguilar DB112 cabs but at a couple of gigs recently I've felt that I wanted to move a bit more air than 2 1x12 cabs were allowing me to. 

So, the plan here (after initially thinking of adding a powered sub) was to add a combo to my existing rig by running the line out from my head into the combo. A combo rather than a sub obviously having the advantage of being usable on its own for rehearsals. 

Set it up today and it works a treat - sounds pretty much the same (at least as close as you wouldn't tell the difference in the mix) only louder. 

It might not be pretty but here it is - my Ashdown, Aguilar, TC Electronic rig... 

IMG_20180623_122406.jpg

1 hour ago, Cat Burrito said:

I’v just ordered one of those Aguilar DB112 cabs in the same chocolate thunder colour scheme. 😎

I love the chocolate thunder colour (beautiful sounding cabs too). Something very classy about it (well apart from the name anyway) - like an antique leather armchair in a Kensington gentlemen's club 😄

Unfortunately I can't find that colour tolex online anywhere or I'd probably re-cover the TC to match. 

Edited by Painy
  • Like 1

On 24/06/2018 at 10:27, Painy said:

I love the chocolate thunder colour (beautiful sounding cabs too). Something very classy about it (well apart from the name anyway) - like an antique leather armchair in a Kensington gentlemen's club 😄

Unfortunately I can't find that colour tolex online anywhere or I'd probably re-cover the TC to match. 

TKS have something similar.
Kind of, if you squint a little...
gfG8f4A.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eude said:

Lovely set up!

Where did you get the sleeve for your ABM RC head?
I have one, in need to service and likely repair, but I'd prefer it in a sleeve...

Thanks dude!
Eude

I originally got the cabs together with an Aguilar AG500 head which came in that sleeve. 

Didn't get on with the AG500 so traded it against the Ashdown but kept the sleeve to put it in. 

I'd imagine they'd be a bit pricey to buy from Aguilar but I'm pretty sure I read a comment on here somewhere not so long ago that Ashdown were pretty helpful in supplying a replacement sleeve for somebody. 

5 hours ago, Painy said:

I originally got the cabs together with an Aguilar AG500 head which came in that sleeve. 

Didn't get on with the AG500 so traded it against the Ashdown but kept the sleeve to put it in. 

I'd imagine they'd be a bit pricey to buy from Aguilar but I'm pretty sure I read a comment on here somewhere not so long ago that Ashdown were pretty helpful in supplying a replacement sleeve for somebody. 

Thanks dude, I have tried Ashdown, but they don't produce sleeves for the rack mounted stuff, it's a different size to the sleeved :) 
I've made contact with a couple of folks who will build a proper sleeve, just a little pricey so I need to be sure its worth it first.

Congrats on the rig though, its a peach!

Eude

• Like 1