Why become a member? ×

Spare parts for headless Hohner

BreadBin

I am eyeing up a a headless Hohner that needs some work (5 string), either some bridge components or a whole bridge depending on what's available. I also have a 4-string needing pickup surrounds (the humbucker type).

Does anyone know if these parts are available? 

It was/is.   I had a 4 string too, only in red; great bass for what they go for.  I turned it into a fretless, at which it was great, and sold it to Bryan Adam's manager.  If Jabba's site find offers as much as I hope that will indeed be a discovery, as otherwise spares are as rare as hen's whatsits. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

Is that an old Wasburn Hammerhead lurking around in the background there, the one with the metal plate in the headstock? Always wondered about those.

It is a Hammerhead :)

It's from 2005 I think - an RB-2002. Well-made with decent hardware, its a good bass. I think they were pretty expensive new but can be picked up quite cheap now. I can't say the effect of the brass is hugely noticeable but it does sound nice.

Cool - good find. I just had no way of getting to reading any time soon! 

I was looking as I am going to sell my 4 string and get a 5 string, probably one of the new steinberger ones.

Aliexpress is a possible source of 4 string bridges, which would give you the one that is missing.