Why become a member? ×

(WITHDRAWN) Custom Precision w/Fralins & Braz RW Neck
£895

markorbit

Seeing as my other Precision sold I'm going to be keeping this one so it's no longer for sale.

What we have here is essentially a parts bass (TOP quality parts mind) with a handmade neck by a well-respected luthier. The fingerboard is brazilian rosewood, there are green luminlay inlays on the side of the neck (a great idea, wish all basses had these) and a MM-style spoke truss wheel making Precision neck tweaks a breeze. If you were speccing a P what would you have...!!

Body is lightjtweigh alder, bridge is Kluson, pickups are Lindy Fralins. Tuners are Gotoh GB640. The Fralins (which I recall were 5 or 10% overwound) give a nice warmth and are an improvement on the Fender originals it was previously fitted with. The passive electronics use solderless connections. It's currenty fitted with a gold anodised pickguard but I also have a Tort I could swap over if you prefer. The finish is nitro and shows a few scuffs. This bass was always planned to be a player.

Nut width is vintage so around 1.75". The neck radius is NOT vintage 7.25" but flatter. I can't remember what we chose... maybe 11". It's a neck that feels full but comfortable. It feels like a BASS which is what I wanted.

I decided to not put any logo at all on the headstock but you can if you want...

I will include a brand new Thomann hard case.

Oh I nearly forgot... check out the Jaco neck plate.

Edited by markorbit
Withdrawn
  • Like 1