Why become a member? ×

** SOLD Hughes & Kettner Bassbase 600 Amp ** SOLD
£195

Now SOLD - thanks for looking ☺

Hi Folks

Continuing my recent gear clear-out, here for sale is my Hughes and Kettner Bassbase 600 bass amp, which comes with the all-important Footswitch and a 3U Stagg rack case to transport it around in.  

It's in excellent working condition having just been serviced . Now SOLD

Apart from my Ampeg V4BH and Mesa Boogie Big Block 750, this amp has outperformed every other amp I've had over the last 12 years, including Eden, Markbass, TE, TechAmp amps and even the much praised Thunderfunk 550. It's also the most well made amp I've had too.  If I wasn't moving house soon and didn't need the space, I'd probably keep this.

I bought this here on Basschat from dougal back in 2010 I believe, and have used it consistently ever since,and it's done over 250 gigs in that time and never let me down. It's only ever given me great tone, a lot of power and plenty of headroom! The other great thing about this amp, is that it covers just about everything that you need, having two separate EQ channels, a tube pre-amp which really does add some grind to your tone if you want it, blendable FX channel, notch filter, bi-amp facility, DI and tuner out, separate headphone volume control and a mute switch - it really is quite brilliant! The tube in it is the original Hughes & Kettner supplied 12AX7.   I've attached some photos to show all of the features, but if you need any more, please PM me...

Links
See here for more info:

And here's a link for the manual: http://oldies.hughes-and-kettner.com/BassBase_600/BassBase600.pdf

Footswitch
When I bought the amp, it didn't have what they call the Bassbase stageboard for switching between EQ channels, activating FX loop etc, so I bought another almost identical Hughes & Kettner footswitch, and had it modified to work with this amp and it's great because it gives you even more versatility. This cost me about £45 to do in total, being £15 for the switch on Ebay and £30 to get it modified by my local tech.imageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a

Technical info
Power - 650 Watts @ 4 Ohms 1010 Watts @ 2 Ohms
Poweramp - Dynaclip
Preamp - TubeTouch
Effects Loop - serial
Switching Functions - EQ on/off, A, B
Notch Filter - Yes
Headphones - Yes
Equalizer - 2-Band Varimetric A/B + Hi/Lo Bands
Tubes - 1x 12AX7
Speaker Outputs - 4-8 Ohms Speakon, 1x XLR parallel
Dimensions - 19"
Weight - 18,5 kg/41 lbs

Trades, shipping etc
Just to clarify that I'm not looking for any trades on this thanks. Viewings welcome if you'd like to hear it first and I'm happy to ship it at your expense if you are nowhere near the uber-civilised south coast..😁

Any questions, please ask here or PM me.. Thanks for looking! :)

Nik

Bassbase 600 a.jpg

IMG_2730.JPG

20160225_083542.jpg

Bassbase 600 d.jpg

IMG_20170102_143549.jpg

IMG_20170102_143203.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Now SOLD
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

I'm so glad you live at the edge of civilisation as I want to buy most of the gear you're posting lately type bump.

Actually, I think that was true in reverse  a couple of years ago when you were selling quite a bit of gear.

As for being at the edge of civilisation, there's many a West Sussex local who'd want to take issue with you on that... But having lived in London myself for 30 years, I think I'm inclined to agree with you.. 😉 😀

Edited by silverfoxnik

13 minutes ago, Oldman said:

This slipped thro’ my net Nik... is it 600watts output in total? 

Hi Brian

It's 600 watts at 4 ohms and 750 watts at 2 ohms..

I've used it with 2 x 4 ohm cabs before and it sounds great, and no issues at all running at 2 ohms. 

If there's anything else you'd like to know, please ask..

Cheers

Nik

1 hour ago, warwickhunt said:

Another 'interested party' who'd have been around your house post-haste had you lived in a civilised location Nik!  :(

I'm assuming your definition of 'civilised' means 'near me', John? 😁

• Like 1

Thought so... ☺

Tell you what though, John, I know you're a fan already, but these are still great amps, even though they're pretty  'old skool' pieces of kit in comparison these days.

I was using it the other day, just testing it  out really after it had been checked over by my tech, and with 2 x Ampeg 210s, it sounded really good, lovely full, rich tone and plenty of power!

I had a drum machine running through the bendable FX loop - which is such a useful feature - and with the footswitch, I could switch between 3 different e.q. settings so easily whilst practicing..

Anyway, that's enough of me singing this amp's praises - I'm moving house in less than 36 hours and there's still more packing to be done!

Nik

1 minute ago, silverfoxnik said:

Thought so... ☺

Tell you what though, John, I know you're a fan already, but these are still great amps, even though they're pretty  'old skool' pieces of kit in comparison these days.

I was using it the other day, just testing it  out really after it had been checked over by my tech, and with 2 x Ampeg 210s, it sounded really good, lovely full, rich tone and plenty of power!

I had a drum machine running through the bendable FX loop - which is such a useful feature - and with the footswitch, I could switch between 3 different e.q. settings so easily whilst practicing..

Anyway, that's enough of me singing this amp's praises - I'm moving house in less than 36 hours and there's still more packing to be done!

Nik

If I could trust a courier not to drop this on its end (and not charge a ridiculous amount) I'd still buy this.  Sadly, I bought a HK600 last year and it turned up via courier (in a flightcase) with a bent rack ear and smashed socket which affected use!  Luckily paypal refunded me but it was a butt ache that left me wary of the best intentioned courier and/or packaging!  :(  

Someone will get a serious bargain and if I could collect it'd be me!  :)  

Sorry to hear that John..

I've had the same thing happen to me so I understand your reluctance.

Having said that, it's only happened twice in over 12 years of using couriers  and on both occasions,  I was able to get properly refunded. It was though, as you say, a butt ache!