Why become a member? ×

Smallest original Trace cab

ianrendall

Hi all

My recently acquired AH600 is currently running through a BF Midget and it does sound epic.

However, for reasons of rose tinted romanticism,  I would love to pair it with an original, non-Peavey, non-Gibson cab. What was the smallest physical size cab that TE made, aside from the bright box obvs. I assume they didn’t make a 1x12, and that a 1x15 or the 4x8 would be the only choice? I’ll suck up the weight...

2 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I have an original 1x10 - they were available as ex cabs for the BLX range. Proper TE whoomf...they are quite difficult to come by though.

Oh really? That’s an intriguing nugget. Let the chase begin...

thank you!!

I'm using a 1x10 cab with my Elf...good combination though not a combo. I have a brightbox 4x5 too though I think it more suited to combining with the bigger cabs - the boom from a 1x15 or 2x10 with the subtle highs from the BB - as prescribed by TE.

IIRC Skezza had a  BLX combo and a 1x10 for sale earlier this year - not sure whether they sold though.

Throw caution to the wind ( and your spine - you don't need it ) and buy my 15" TE 200 watt 8 ohm wedge.  It weighs a bit less than the 15 tons  of the 8 x10 too, and you can angle it at your head. What's not to like ?

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1

I have two pairs of Trace Elliot acoustic pa cabs - like these:

Image result for Trace Elliot pa cabs

Not sure if they're giggable but they're fine for home use and rehearsals. Very light (certainly less than 10lbs), yet powerful, you'd be surprised how versatile they are. Not sure about the actual numbers - I may need to look at the spec.

• Like 1