Why become a member? ×

5 string Stingray Bass Build

Jimothey

Damn it!! I just played one of my mates 5 string Stingray and that's got me GASing for one so now I'm in two minds whether to carry on with this build or change it slightly to a Stingray instead or maybe make a Tele/Stingray Hybrid?? (I don't know how that would work maybe a single MM pickup??).......... 😀 

21 hours ago, Jimothey said:

Damn it!! I just played one of my mates 5 string Stingray and that's got me GASing for one so now I'm in two minds whether to carry on with this build or change it slightly to a Stingray instead or maybe make a Tele/Stingray Hybrid?? (I don't know how that would work maybe a single MM pickup??).......... 😀 

Wow.  It's a good thing your mate didn't give you a go on a Kazoo!

You'd end up with a bass/SheweeTM hybrid.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Oh?  Have you never heard a queef?

Yes I've heard a queef (I'm too common to use the word queef so it's a Craddock Fart to me!!) but there wasnt a Shewee involved surely if there was a FF whilst using a Shewee it would sound a bit like a Fog horn or playing a milk bottle?? 

Edited by Jimothey

3 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

Yes I've heard a queef (I'm too common to use the word queef so it's a Craddock Fart to me!!) but there wasnt a Shewee involved surely if there was a FF whilst using a Shewee it would sound a bit like a Fog horn or playing a milk bottle?? 

Due to the technical issues involved, we'd need volunteers to research the questions you raise.

"Cradock Fart"  - Bwahahahahahaha!

image.png.f8644ae3c3bebb675294b683509e800e.png

56 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

I love the profanity filter it comes up with awesome changes!! 

...and there I was thinking it was your quick wit that used Mrs Cradock's christian name (are we still allowed to call it that?) as a substitute for a vulgar term.

Ballhooks!

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

...and there I was thinking it was your quick wit that used Mrs Cradock's christian name (are we still allowed to call it that?) as a substitute for a vulgar term.

Ballhooks!

I did use her Christian name first but I think it sounds a bit more refined calling it a Craddock instead

There's a lot worse names I could call it some might even make a sailor blush!! 😁 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimothey said:

After careful deliberation I've decided I'm going to do both builds a 51 P bass and a Stingray so I'll start a new thread for the P bass............. 😀 

That's ma boy!

Excellent.  Can't wait. :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

I've lost count of how many builds you've done in a relatively short time.  Not counting batch-builds, you must surely be breaking some record or other.

I think this is my 7th and 8th build just over a year but sssssshhhhhhhhh!! Don't tell my missus she thinks I've only done 3..........😀 

• Like 1