New American Artist Flea Signature?

NJE

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, danweb22 said:

The Glasgow store seem to get all the nice basses (Dingwalls, Mayones etc) 

They do have a very decent selection these days. I can't remember his name off hand but the bass guy in Glasgow knows his stuff and seems to have done some good negotiating to get the too brands to the store. Gone are the days of a single bass wall of Fenders and Ibanez! 

1 hour ago, BassApprentice said:

They do have a very decent selection these days. I can't remember his name off hand but the bass guy in Glasgow knows his stuff and seems to have done some good negotiating to get the too brands to the store. Gone are the days of a single bass wall of Fenders and Ibanez! 

That’s good to know! Shame it’s a 7 hour drive for me 😔

So nipped in to GuitarGuitar to give it a whirl. 

This bass is LOUD. 18V Active circuit and a simple bass treble control gives you loads of bass but not quite as much treble as I would have thought. Didn't get that MusicMan style treble I imagined but still nice. Couldn't give it a proper test as I was using a Rumble 50 while a kid picking out his first bass got the Markbass 2x10 and 1x15 rig😂

Fit and finish - feels like any other high end fender. Nice, I did notice a wee chip at the pickup rout and I would worry how easily damaged the matt finish could be out in the real world. Looks cool as though if pink is your thing, hopefully the pictures show the differences. It is more pink than the road worn Mexican one. 

I compared them and I would say the worn neck on the Mexican one feels nicer but still similar. If you like a humbucker but want a jazz bass and have £1500 ready I'd say this is a good shout. 

IMG_20190831_145708-01.jpeg

IMG_20190831_145503.jpg

IMG_20190831_145457.jpg

IMG_20190831_145451.jpg

Edited by BassApprentice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 31/08/2019 at 15:18, BassApprentice said:

So nipped in to GuitarGuitar to give it a whirl. 

This bass is LOUD. 18V Active circuit and a simple bass treble control gives you loads of bass but not quite as much treble as I would have thought. Didn't get that MusicMan style treble I imagined but still nice. Couldn't give it a proper test as I was using a Rumble 50 while a kid picking out his first bass got the Markbass 2x10 and 1x15 rig😂

Fit and finish - feels like any other high end fender. Nice, I did notice a wee chip at the pickup rout and I would worry how easily damaged the matt finish could be out in the real world. Looks cool as though if pink is your thing, hopefully the pictures show the differences. It is more pink than the road worn Mexican one. 

I compared them and I would say the worn neck on the Mexican one feels nicer but still similar. If you like a humbucker but want a jazz bass and have £1500 ready I'd say this is a good shout. 

IMG_20190831_145708-01.jpeg

IMG_20190831_145503.jpg

IMG_20190831_145457.jpg

IMG_20190831_145451.jpg

Still gassing for one if these in silver. Anyone buy/sell love/hate one in the last few years? Neck looks a bit chunky but compound radius would be nice