Why become a member? ×

Ashdown BTA200 £550
£675

TJ Spicer

Ashdown BTA200 (300w - Yes 300!) £550

After speaking to Dan and Mark at Ashdown, here we have one of the early prototype BTA200's - so much so, that it's actually a 300w amp! They reckon that they only made and shipped around 20 amps labelled as BTA200s. It has 6x6550s just like an SVT, all are pretty much brand new, having recently been re-tubed and having fewer than 30 hours' use. Super versatile, incredibly punchy, and as gnarly as you want - if you want! 

It has a few nicks in the tolex, but they are very difficult to see unless you're very close up to the amp. Other than those, it's in very good condition.

It was purchased for the number of bluesy/americana/country projects I was working on, but the landscape has once again switched back to my own jazz/fusion/funk style gigs, so back to clean powerful class D's I go! 

Collection or delivery is the only real choice with this one. The amp is in Bath at the minute, but I travel a lot for gigs and can also arrange a viewing in Maidenhead. 

Thank you for looking!

IMG_1129.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1131.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

Edited by TJ Spicer
  • Like 4

👍. Someone will get a fantastic bargain here and the 4 or 8 ohm output makes it more practical than the Ampeg SVT CL which has 4 or 2 ohm. (I know many say you can run CLs into 8 ohms but I'd be apprehensive).

Edited by Sparky Mark
More comment

10 hours ago, JPJ said:

Dare I ask the weight, is it one of those ‘if you have to ask.......’ questions? 😎

Haha! I honestly haven't weighed it. Heavy. I carry it up 6 flights of stairs to my flat, so certainly not immovable... I am 22, stupid and stubborn though... 😂 I would estimate it's around 30kg...

20 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

It's heavy. 'nuff said me thinks. Anyone that wants 300 valve watts knows the deal.

That was kind of what I figured, and the premise on which I bought it. Once it’s plugged in, you quickly forget about its weight! 

What a price this is for such a quality amp! I'm amazed this is still here to be honest..

It's a bit of a cliche to say and I know it doesn't help the OP, but if I didn't already have an Ampeg V4BH, then I'd be very interested in this..

Anyway, GLWTS.

• Like 2

On 27/06/2018 at 10:54, TJ Spicer said:

Haha! I honestly haven't weighed it. Heavy. I carry it up 6 flights of stairs to my flat, so certainly not immovable... I am 22, stupid and stubborn though... 😂 I would estimate it's around 30kg...

This must win some kind of commitment to tone award!

Here  🥇 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Quilly said:

Are these Hybrid (SS preamp) or pure valve heads?

On 20/06/2018 at 17:13, TJ Spicer said:

...It has 6x6550s just like an SVT, all are pretty much brand new, having recently been re-tubed and having fewer than 30 hours' use...

It's a ginormous all-valve amp. 300w of valves is what one uses for blasting WWII concrete bunkers into dust, or moving planets to different orbits. It's not ideally suited for home practise. :|
Hope this helps.

• Haha 2