Why become a member? ×

Devine chats to Dorsey

fleabag

The talented Gail chatting about playing bass for  - wait for it - Culture Club and Donny Osmond, amongst others - Bowie of course.

And her Epiphone and Kramer basses in the early days. Fascinating woman - so easy to listen to and laid back.

• Like 1

I like Scott's attitude to interviewing - let's them talk and doesn't ask dumb schoolboy questions.

She mentioned she started on guitar , and although later on in her life she declined an offer to play guitar for Prince, she certainly played guitar for Bowie

on Ashes to Ashes live at the BBC in 2000.  She wapped instruments with guitarist Mark Plati, who swapped to bass for that track

What was nice she did not use the interview to plug her latest release (which apparently is still not finished) and she was very humble about her career. I remember buying The Corporate World ( her first album) way back in the late 80's and have followed her career since.

2 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

What was nice she did not use the interview to plug her latest release (which apparently is still not finished) and she was very humble about her career. I remember buying The Corporate World ( her first album) way back in the late 80's and have followed her career since.

Same.

12 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

At the risk of descending into anorak territory, I've seen and heard many many versions of Gail doing Under Pressure, but this one always seems to be 'the one' for me. She absolutely knocks it out of the park. IMHO of course.

I think that's the one I was looking for, belting performance.

• Like 1