Why become a member? ×

PA Scrims

Dood

I'm thinking about getting a set for our PA gear:

s-l300.jpg

They look great with LED lights set inside. However, all the 'off the shelf' ones I have seen for sale are for a triangular base (such as the one pictured to fit over a PA stand). I want a set that will suit a rectangular base, that is our PA subs. The scrims will have two jobs. The first is of course to make the set a little more eye catching but also it will help to discourage oiks from putting their drinks on our expensive gear! The scrim would go from underneath the PA tops down on to the top of the PA subs.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome!

Edited by dood

11 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

If you want to stop people, there's always subsafe - not my cup of tea really though. Neither are scrims to be honest.

with regards to drink, if it's not the subs, its usually somewhere else inappropriate. 

I was thinking that if we got scrims, we could hide a tiny sniper behind one. It'd be like that old kids game, Tin Pan Alley..

Can anyone point me in the direction of subsafes? When I google it, I get no relevant info. Like Dood, I'm paranoid about drinks on my subs. If one tips over, the cooling fan will suck the spillage into the amp and it's expensive repair time. Thanks folks.

4 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of subsafes? When I google it, I get no relevant info. Like Dood, I'm paranoid about drinks on my subs. If one tips over, the cooling fan will suck the spillage into the amp and it's expensive repair time. Thanks folks.

I just googled "sub safe" and it return the first answer: https://subsafeaudio.com 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

£130 for a basic set for our subs is a bit outside my budget, so I think I might continue the scrims route for now.