Why become a member? ×

Transcribing vocals from new A Perfect Circle album for upcoming shows/EP

JaketheB

Evening all.

My band mates and I are about to start putting demo tracks down before properly arranging music.  We have a view to record throughout August.

We're based in a small village in north Wales.  Our drummer is in Tokyo and singer is a lovely Californian lady (professional singer and a beau of the guitarist).

Anyhow, we have a good number of original songs that we plan to record when we all have time but for live shows (perhaps recording) we are looking for outside influences:

Could anyone notate/transcribe Maynard's vocals (inc. the harmonies) from By and Down the River from the latest A Perfect Circle album Eat the Elephant?

I think this is the only way to get the singer and guitarist interested.  I think they would be put off by the song BUT seeing the transcribed version and the beauty of Maynards vocals may sway them.

I realise this is a big ask (one that may normally cost) but it may be experience or fun for someone.

Thanks all,
Jake.

(Addendum:  the reason I am so adamant about this because we are going for folky/stripped down sound and I think this song would be perfect when pretty much vocals and piano)

Edited by JaketheB

• 3 weeks later...

your lady singer is the boyfriend of the guitarist?

you should learn Walk On the Wild Side 

"and then he was a she..."

but WHY do you need vocals transcribed? can't she listen to it and then sing along to it? I think your problems might be more than finding this transcription

best of luck

Edited by bazzbass
  • Like 1

If the people in the band don't like the music you're suggesting......but you think might like the melodies etc, might be quicker and easier to play them some acoustic covers on Youtube, like this (even if it is incomplete...and it's the only one I can find):

If they can't see past the original recorded style, or past the fact that the above guitar is out of tune etc....I'd suggest finding different musicians to play with :). Needing them to 'see' the music and not listen to how good it is seems very odd.

Si

Edited by Sibob