Why become a member? ×

Hartke Hydrive 115c dead - need repair

Any suggestions for a good tech or repair shop for this - the combo died just before a gig and I had to DI into the PA. I have back up, but I don't really want to throw this away.

There is no output at all from the speaker, though the amp powers up.

I don't have a separate head to test the speaker so its a mystery at the moment.

No sign of any burning or over heating in the amp chassis, but as there are no manuals or drawings, I'm at a loss as to where to start. Thomann (where I bought it) are completely useless and Hal Leonard are talking about shipping it to Holland (price not mentioned)

• 8 months later...
23 hours ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

If you can unplug the speaker from the amp chassis, you could touch the speaker cable on a 9V battery to see if it crackles. That would rule out the speaker itself being completely dead. 

Cheers- but mine is weird- it’s still giving out a bass tone but with loads of distortion!!

My reply was aimed at the op where there was no output at all, yours may be the amp, but could also be the speaker voice coil rubbing. You can check this by gently pushing the cone back and forth using a plastic cup or wine glass around the dust cap for even pressure and listen for rubbing/scraping sounds.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...