Why become a member? ×

Eden?

ChunkyMunky

I’ve been playing a WT550 for quite a while and it makes me very happy. The EQ is one of my favourite EQ’s ever, although it’ll only give you various different flavours of the Eden sound. I sometimes use it to compensate for the room, but I rarely have to. A superb amp if you like the sound, but arguably a bit of a one-trick pony.

It’s a lovely full and warm clean, with just the right amount of definition, but I wouldn’t call it particularly tube-y though. What are you looking for?

I've owned a WT300 (one of the original heads) and a 210XLT for the best part of a decade. Occasionally I think of changing, but nothing gets close to the preamp or the voicing on it for me. The eq is very powerful, but the thing is so well voiced in the first place that I hardly ever use it, unless I need to deal with a room or bass issue. 

Agree that it's not a particularly 'valvy' sound, but as with many valve preamps it will give a very sweet compression if pushed, rather than distortion. 

I have an Eden Metro and I'm dead chuffed with it. It's basically a WT300 amp sitting atop a 210 cab. Lovely warm tone, although perhaps not as rich as a valve power amp, but the EQ is fantastic. Doesn't need much more than a wee bit of enhance and a touch of extra bass. I'm thinking of adding a 115 cab to get a bit more low end, but overall it's a fantastic bit of kit.

Its only downside is the weight - it's a big beast.

8 hours ago, lozkerr said:

I have an Eden Metro and I'm dead chuffed with it. It's basically a WT300 amp sitting atop a 210 cab. Lovely warm tone, although perhaps not as rich as a valve power amp, but the EQ is fantastic. Doesn't need much more than a wee bit of enhance and a touch of extra bass. I'm thinking of adding a 115 cab to get a bit more low end, but overall it's a fantastic bit of kit.

Its only downside is the weight - it's a big beast.

Plus one for this. I add an Eden Glowplug through channel 2 (eventhough said channel is the valve pre-amp channel) to give as much or as little valve tone as you could need plus an Ampeg SVT 115 at larger venues. Really sounds great. Plus Ive added casters so not too bad a loadin/out.

• Like 1

I've belatedly become a fan of Eden stuff.  I have a neat little WTX264 that I run thru a BF One10 when I need something relatively quiet and extremely compact - lovely sounds.  On the back of that I recently bought a WT550 Traveler off this forum, which unfortunately had a fault as received.  However, while the fault made it un-giggable, it worked well enough for me to know that I'll be equally delighted with it when it's been fixed - which is nice as I will have paid the £450 market price of an A1 example plus whatever it costs to mend. It's currently with Peter Searle ('V Amps'), who has only just got inside it but confirms what others have reported, namely that it's a very well designed and engineered piece of kit that should be easy to work on.

Edited by scrumpymike

6 hours ago, Paddy515 said:

Plus one for this. I add an Eden Glowplug through channel 2 (eventhough said channel is the valve pre-amp channel) to give as much or as little valve tone as you could need plus an Ampeg SVT 115 at larger venues. Really sounds great. Plus Ive added casters so not too bad a loadin/out.

After a quick Google, I think that's one for the shopping list. Top tip, thanks 🙂

I might think about the castors, too; at the moment, I wheel it around on a trolley. I can lift it in and out of the Defender OK, but it's a struggle to carry it any distance.

33 minutes ago, lozkerr said:

After a quick Google, I think that's one for the shopping list. Top tip, thanks 🙂

I might think about the castors, too; at the moment, I wheel it around on a trolley. I can lift it in and out of the Defender OK, but it's a struggle to carry it any distance.

When I got the Metro, it came with an Eden David 115 but someone had swapped out the dead driver (8ohm) to a new one (4 ohm) which used to feed 2/3rds of the signal to the 115 so sold it on and bought the Ampeg. Not heavy atall and great tone with the Eden and with my EBS head too. Have the kickback Eden David 210 which I sometimes use instead of the Ampeg. Never used all 3 together - that would just be crazy!!!! 650 watts at 2.67ohms!!!!

Edited by Paddy515

20 hours ago, Paddy515 said:

When I got the Metro, it came with an Eden David 115 but someone had swapped out the dead driver (8ohm) to a new one (4 ohm) which used to feed 2/3rds of the signal to the 115 so sold it on and bought the Ampeg. Not heavy atall and great tone with the Eden and with my EBS head too. Have the kickback Eden David 210 which I sometimes use instead of the Ampeg. Never used all 3 together - that would just be crazy!!!! 650 watts at 2.67ohms!!!!

Heh, sometimes you have to keep the guitards in time 😉 That's interesting about the signal split; the studio we rehearse at has a Hartke backline that includes a 410 and 115 cab, both of which are 8 ohms. I hooked the 115 up to the Metro last night and couldn't hear any difference at all; the Metro's 210 completely swamped the 115. There was signal going to it though - I could hear it when I knelt in front of it - but it wasn't anything to write home about. I'm wondering if an 8 ohm Eden 115 would be better... how do you find the split between your Metro and the Ampeg?