Why become a member? ×

Tune Bass Maniac basses

Guest MoJo

5 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Aye it's a pretty thing. Piezo circuit is the same as my TWB-4Z 👍

VSN Guitars in Canada are the only folk I know stock Tune,don't have the fretless ATM so it's an email to Ned telling to get one 🙂 Not sure of a price but the most expensive is a 6 string leftie Hatsun for £800. Should give you a rough idea 😎

https://www.vsnguitars.com/brands/Tune--Guitar-Technology.html

Quite a lot on Reverb, too :)

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=tune bass

18 hours ago, TheRev said:

Nope, that's a Tune Bass Maniac. The lower horn on a Bass Collection is stubbier and curves downwards and the Tune headstock was longer, narrower and pointier than the Bass Collections'

The Bass Collection bass was a copy of the Bass Maniac,so the designs are very, very similar.

Have to say, having had the chance of a noodle on each of @Stingray5's Tune basses in the past, in a straight comparison between his 4-string (the "Hot Slapping "model - and be honest, who wouldn't want a model that's a Hot Slapper??!!)and my Bass Collection 30-something...for me, my BC wins every time. YMMV.

However, that 6'er is just a whole new ball game.  It's a very lovely piece of work that IMHO would keep up with pretty much anything you care to put up against it.

Here, in the hope that I'm not causing Mr. 'Ray5 to blush, is said bass in action; a video of our band Heads UP! at the 2017 Writtle JazzFest, playing my tune Killergram.

To be merciful to those who aren't fond of the jazz, or who just want to hear the bass, his solo starts at 3:16.

(To be merciful to everybody else as well, I have never worn that orange t-shirt at gigs since seeing that video.  My eyes....my poor eyes...)

Edited by mangotango

22 minutes ago, mangotango said:

Have to say, having had the chance of a noodle on each of @Stingray5's Tune basses in the past, in a straight comparison between his 4-string (the "Hot Slapping "model - and be honest, who wouldn't want a model that's a Hot Slapper??!!)and my Bass Collection 30-something...for me, my BC wins every time. YMMV.

However, that 6'er is just a whole new ball game.  It's a very lovely piece of work that IMHO would keep up with pretty much anything you care to put up against it.

Here, in the hope that I'm not causing Mr. 'Ray5 to blush, is said bass in action; a video of our band Heads UP! at the 2017 Writtle JazzFest, playing my tune Killergram.

Crumbs...!! ;)

1 hour ago, kodiakblair said:

Aye it's a pretty thing. Piezo circuit is the same as my TWB-4Z 👍

VSN Guitars in Canada are the only folk I know stock Tune,don't have the fretless ATM so it's an email to Ned telling to get one 🙂 Not sure of a price but the most expensive is a 6 string leftie Hatsun for £800. Should give you a rough idea 😎

https://www.vsnguitars.com/brands/Tune--Guitar-Technology.html

I found an Irish dealer listed in their website... They don't have any stock but this could be the Brexit windfall we've all been told about! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mangotango said:

in a straight comparison between his 4-string (the "Hot Slapping "model - and be honest, who wouldn't want a model that's a Hot Slapper??!!)and my Bass Collection 30-something...for me, my BC wins every time. YMMV.

Didn't BC do a model similar to the Hot Slapper ?  Though I've a lot of history with the white BC I still prefer the Maniac on the right.

2058790172_BCTune.thumb.jpg.91d1692a927c62c414ba6b7421a04943.jpg

Washburn Wannabes didn't quite cut it 🙂

Washburns.jpg.08b7b56ec875e1db02d7e7706c90edb6.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Didn't BC do a model similar to the Hot Slapper ?  Though I've a lot of history with the white BC I still prefer the Maniac on the right.

37 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Yep, your BC is substantially identical to mine.  It's a great bass, and I will not be selling it ever. I just found that I preferred the feel (esp. the neck) to that of the Toon.

4 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Didn't BC do a model similar to the Hot Slapper ? 

Damn spelling and damn asking questions in English ☹️

1 hour ago, mangotango said:

Yep, your BC is substantially identical to mine.

Meant to say "Did BC do a bass similar to the Hot Slapper " or maybe it was "Didn't know BC did a model similar to the Hot Snapper"