Why become a member? ×

New Player Series Buttercream P Bass!

discreet

New Player Series Buttercream P Bass!

Just when I thought I had bass GAS under control, Fender release this... Buttercream, Maple... OMG, GAS! GAS! GAS! I'd stick a black guard on it (of course) but even so it's unlike Fender to produce a colour combo that I actually like. Dammit! They're £649 or thereabouts, too...

https://shop.fender.com/en-GB/electric-basses/precision-bass/player-precision-bass/0149802534.html#start=1

Player-P-BASS.jpg

Edited by discreet
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Yep a black guard on that will really make it look great, even a nice tort maybe.

Would have to be a really nice tort, though. Probably costing about a third of the value of the bass. Yer typical modern 'shitty corned beef' or 'slice of crap salami' tort just won't cut it... in my humble opinion, of course. :D

• Like 2

Saw the release video on Fender's Facebook page this morning; this was definitely the standout in the range. I'm a fan of the Tidepool Blue finish as well. Glad they've gone with a different logo to the horrible 70s-style logo that the Mexican Standards have.

1 hour ago, discreet said:

Would have to be a really nice tort, though. Probably costing about a third of the value of the bass. Yer typical modern 'shitty corned beef' or 'slice of crap salami' tort just won't cut it... in my humble opinion, of course. :D

Steady on mate - I was just looking forward to a nice corned-beef salad for my lunch! 👨‍🍳

21 minutes ago, Cat Burrito said:

I like it. Perfect combination for me, although nobody can accuse Fender of ripping up the rule book with this one!

Thing is, when they do rip up the rule book everyone hates it and accuses them of ignoring their 'core values' and 'traditional customer base'. So they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. I say if you want something that looks really radical - don't buy a Fender.

In fact, if you want something a little bit off-the-wall that plays like a dream, is hugely versatile, built to the highest standards and sounds absolutely amazing... buy a Spector. :biggrin:

Edited by discreet
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Would be nice with cream pickups on that.

Just thinking the very same thing. In fact I already have a pair of P Bass cream pickup covers and cream top-hat volume and treble controls... maybe go for gold hardware and complete the early-80s vibe...

Edited by discreet
  • Like 1