Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot ID required.

okusman

Yup, it's an early one - early eighties - MK4 / 5 era and probably the 150w (possibly 100w) / 4 ohm power stage.. If you pop the thing out of the case and lift the lid, you may find more info inside as they were often dated like Marshall gear.

Yep, it’s the smaller AH150 GP7 I’d guess ‘82-84.   Probably has a date sticker inside somewhere.  Still very useable, although worth a complete health check on an amp that old (that might have been sitting around for a few years). 

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to Paul Stevens (then CEO of TE) at the Bass Show a couple of years ago. He reported that during one of the takeover/ bankruptcy periods one of the key holding employees was letting himself into the factory and surreptitiously building and selling TE gear. Paul was unclear how much, but apparently it was no small amount. It later came to TE's attention this had been going on when equipment was being resold with no S/N on.

I myself had one of the combos with absolutely no information on it. Not sure if yours is from this period.

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 1