Why become a member? ×

FS: Relic Precision Fretless **SOLD**
£450

Beedster

For sale is a lovely fretless Precision, bought from Greg/Shaggy on this forum, a purveyor of fine basses and a man who has helped me part with a lot of cash over the years! Body is unknown but is Oly White over 3tsb and is a very very authentic looking relic., PUPs I think are Fender USA '62 RIs (I'll check), neck is Fender USA with original tuners. Very solid Precision tone, lovely playable neck with stunning rosewood lined board. IIRC I paid around £500, offers in that region welcome. As is always the case with my basses, you don;t like it, you can return it :)

These are Greg's pictures, I'll upload some more tomorrow

Chris

EDIT: PUPs are Lollars not Fender

image.thumb.png.11a2c09d37018424cfb947ec5e60d594.pngimage.thumb.png.8bb9994aee98a49803e5c0a4d2e61756.png  

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 2

Ooh, I recognise that shed, lol! 9_9

just to clarify; pickup is a Jason Lollar (I imported from the States), pickguard is proper vintage-spec tort nitrocellulose, knobs and p/guard screws were  "aged" ones from Madison's, bridge is nickel knurled-barrel BBOT that I was going to age but never got around to.     As Chis says; really lovely US Fender neck, and being a lined board the bass looks more authentically early/mid '60's whilst actually being fretless.     I actually missed it so much that I built another v similar one!

Thanks folks

Greg, yes it's a Lollar indeed, had a sneaky feeling I'd got it wrong., somewhat up the line from a '62 for sure. You did a damn fine job putting this one together mate, it looks, feels and sounds lovely. I've two FL Precisions, and given the other has been with me for years, and given I don't really need two, I'm opting for last in/first out. I know I'll miss it :(

Think I'll part out the bass as it's a bitsa anyway and I've got much stuff sitting around as it is!

Body £150 (body only, no PUPs/circuit etc which I'll keep)

Fender USA lined fretless neck £200 (neck only, no tuners which I'll keep)

C

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm in Canterbury, Kent, I've got three fretless necks for sale which I'll list over the weekend (lots of unfinished projects which have been hanging around for years!)

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2018 at 18:24, Beedster said:

Now withdrawn as I'm listing this bass for parts only. Check Other Musically Related Items For sale forum over next few days. 

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Beedster

13 minutes ago, BeeBop said:

Hi

Is that a jazz style neck

Do you know what year

Cheers

Hello mate, it's 1995 Fender USA Precision B-width neck, with a lovely dark, lined, rosewood board. No idea regarding the body I'm afraid, but it's a decent piece of wood and very well aged