Why become a member? ×

'Commercial Sales' forum test

ped

Hi folks

You may have noticed a new forum in the marketplace called 'commercial items for sale'

Currently it's just a bit of a test, but ideally I'd like it to be an area for used bass shops, luthiers and small scale companies to list items they have for sale, so you can look through all the stock directly on BC. 

We'll see how it goes, and I'll be adding some companies as we go - I will over the next few weeks be talking to small shops and dealers to sign a few more up.

Ideally I'd like items posted there to be automatically tagged as 'dealer' but I'm working on things like that, so it's still a work in progress.

I hope you like it and find it useful - let's see what happens.

Cheers

ped

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BassApprentice said:

Just my initial input - love the idea, but I don't think I like it at the top of the For Sale section, maybe put it above the "Other Musically Related" tab?

It has to be in the 'marketplace' section but yes it'll be moved probably to above 'other items for sale'

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ped said:

It has to be in the 'marketplace' section but yes it'll be moved probably to above 'other items for sale'

Ped - my tuppence worth: why not set this up as a separate thread and have mini 'shop windows' for each commercial advertiser that is both an ad for them and a link to their particular stock items they are promoting / discounting etc? The shop windows can vary in size depending on the ad spend budget of enterprise. 

And we can then keep the main sales threads for 'used' items, for us bargain hunters and folk looking to move on gear who don't have the ad spend firepower of commercial enterprises?

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Ped - my tuppence worth: why not set this up as a separate thread and have mini 'shop windows' for each commercial advertiser that is both an ad for them and a link to their particular stock items they are promoting / discounting etc? The shop windows can vary in size depending on the ad spend budget of enterprise. 

And we can then keep the main sales threads for 'used' items, for us bargain hunters and folk looking to move on gear who don't have the ad spend firepower of commercial enterprises?

Difficult/impossible to have that on this software, and this way the companies can easily update and reply to threads, too. It has to be as easy as possible for them, and the from format works well from both a software and user POV.