Why become a member? ×

2x12 Recommendations

tobiewharton

I have the genzbenz nx2 212, great cab, only 47lbs, loaded with faital pro 12 pr 300 drivers and compression horn

4 ohm and vertically aligned!.....oh and built-in wheels.......there is one for sale at the moment at £300 think 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The cab that won the Essex cab shootout was a Bergantino with two Faital Pro PR300 drivers in it. Same as the Genz nxt Ebeneezer mentioned. So I'd expect it to sound very similar. £300 is a good deal.

At the bash the votes (out of 25 in total) were:

Bergantino CN212 - 9

Schroeder 212 - 8

EAD 2x12 - 5 (no longer manufactured)

EBS Neo 212 - 2

Barefaced Super12T - 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/06/2018 at 13:45, stevie said:

The cab that won the Essex cab shootout was a Bergantino with two Faital Pro PR300 drivers in it. Same as the Genz nxt Ebeneezer mentioned. So I'd expect it to sound very similar. £300 is a good deal.

At the bash the votes (out of 25 in total) were:

Bergantino CN212 - 9

Schroeder 212 - 8

EAD 2x12 - 5 (no longer manufactured)

EBS Neo 212 - 2

Barefaced Super12T - 1

Yep, I a/b'd the Barefaced against my Genz with a friend who reviews for a major bass magazine and we BOTH agreed that the Genz sounded better and was much better value,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/06/2018 at 18:03, tobiewharton said:

Looking for a 2x12. MUST BE: Transparent, featherweight, 4ohm, vertically aligned.

The less spendy the better, but not looking to scrimp either.

For vertically aligned, Barefaced, Bergantino and Genzler. All top quality cabs that should do any job asked of them.

I'd also suggest looking at 2 112's. Initially more expensive but, depending on your requirements, maybe a lot more flexible. Keep an eye on the Classifieds.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chris_b said:

For vertically aligned, Barefaced, Bergantino and Genzler. All top quality cabs that should do any job asked of them.

I'd also suggest looking at 2 112's. Initially more expensive but, depending on your requirements, maybe a lot more flexible. Keep an eye on the Classifieds.

Cheers Chris, but just to be clear I'm looking for recommendations specifically based on the criteria in my first post. I use 112s at the moment, but looking for a 212.

Cheers,

Tobie

• 5 weeks later...

I ordered myself a FMC 212H UL  (UL for Ultralight) see the Picture. Its the Cab in the Middle. 2x12 Neo Driver by SICA or Faital, fully adjustable HF Driver,  600W at 4 or 8 Ohm, 102db @1W/1m, 17,8 Kg,  with Downfire Pricipe, what means the Reflex Port is in the Bottom of the Cab. Will be fired with my Mesa D800. My Cab will be ready Mid of Sept, as Hans from FMC is on Holiday right now. Pic is also done by Hans and shows 210H UL, 212H UL and 215H UL

images.jpg

Edited by AREA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/07/2018 at 13:17, MacDaddy said:

no love for Purple Chilli's 2x12?

PCB212T Neo Bass Cab

Absolutely love my 112s, but OP wants vertically aligned. Likewise, I'd love one if they were, to run one with one of my 112s - think that would be pretty glorious!

• Thanks 1

I prefer a good 15 myself, although they no longer seem to be fashionable. If you're looking to save weight, choosing a driver that's too small to do the job and then using two of them makes no sense at all. Not helpful, I know, but I just wanted to get that off my chest. Lightweight 4x10s? Don't be silly! 😛

• Thanks 1