Why become a member? ×

FS Marusczyck Frog Fretless-Sold
£740

wombatboter

Two years ago I saw a second hand fretless Frog for sale but I hesitated too long before buying it and it got sold which I regretted since I love the shape of the bass (reminds me of my old Lefay Remington) and that yellow colour.  A couple of weeks ago a similar one was for sale and I bought it because I didn't want to regret not buying it again..

I have played it since then and it's a great bass which is a pleasure to play.... But after some time I realised that owning two fretless basses is a bit too much and that my fretless Wal remains my favourite. Perhaps I should have thought of that earlier but now I know at least how a Frog sounds and feels like..  It weighs less than the Wal which is an advantage and it offers what is expected from an inspiring bass..

Controls are volume (passive-active push-pull), bass, treble and mid.  I have no further idea of the specs (I can play a bit but I'm not intrested in the technical aspects, I'm sorry..they just have to feel and sound "right").

I didn't get a case but I'm sure I have some kind of old gigbag here somewhere and can send it well packed...Shipment is included in the price but collection is also possible.

Feel free to check my feedback here on bass.chat and I made a quick video with a couple of sounds to give an idea of what is possible (sorry for some hasty intonation.. I didn't prepare anything either). On the video I boosted the midtones a bit and added a bit of bass..Tastes differ but I love that sound and the extra treble is handy for more percussive things..

Thanks for looking and feel free to pm me for more information.....

frog 003.JPG

frog 005.JPG

frog 007.JPG

frog 008.JPG

frog 009.JPG

frogg 001.JPG

Edited by wombatboter
  • Like 2