Why become a member? ×

SOLD ACG Krell 5 string bass SOLD
£1475

Papabull

For sale is this beautiful 5 string Krell bass by British luthier ACG. It is in absolutely immaculate condition. It is currently strung E-C (for chordal playing) but sounds wonderful in the conventional tuning B-C. This instrument has a real and unique quality. The workmanship and attention to detail is fabulous. An amazing sounding instrument with ACG pickups. It has a John East pre amp which further adds to the tonal qualities of the bass. Save more than £1000 on the cost of a new instrument.

Krell 13.jpg

Krell 11.jpg

Krell 9.jpg

Krell 8.jpg

Krell 7.jpg

Krell 6.jpg

Krell 5.jpg

Krell 3.jpg

Krell 2.jpg

Edited by Papabull
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Brother Jones said:

Blimey. Had I not just pulled the trigger on a different ACG 5, I'd be all over this. 

Incidentally, I believe this is 0239. Full spec here from Alan's site:

http://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0239-krell-5/

It looks as though the bass has been modified from the spec there. The pre-amp no longer sports a stacked knob on the last control which means that it not the DFM 4K as listed in the spec on the ACG page. Would the OP care to comment?

14 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

It looks as though the bass has been modified from the spec there. The pre-amp no longer sports a stacked knob on the last control which means that it not the DFM 4K as listed in the spec on the ACG page. 

Maybe:

15 hours ago, ThePapabull said:

It has a John East pre amp which further adds to the tonal qualities of the bass.

8 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

A degree? What sort of adjustment - side to side adjustment?

Yeah, there's wriggle room on those Hipshot saddles, side to side.

You might manage to get it down to 17mm maybe?