Why become a member? ×

SOLD Gallien Krueger GK MB500 head
£299

Here's my GK MB500 for sale, located in North Ayrshire, Scotland.  I can also deliver it to the Newcastle area, although I won't have a cab there for you to try it out.  It comes with original box, instructions, kettle lead, footswitch and GK-branded footswitch cable.  Voltage is 240V and USA made. Price includes tracked delivery to UK so if you are able to collect I will reduce the price.  If you are local to Glasgow/Ayrshire, you are welcome to come and try it out through my Barefaced Super Twin.

IMG_3990.thumb.JPG.4c5b1a33508104f03236b6415c608bc7.JPG

The GK MB500 is well known around these parts, but if required, here are the specs/details: http://www.gallien-krueger.com/mb-500-specs/

Mine was bought second hand about 6 years ago (how time flies) when it had the designation MB2 500 and as far as I know is exactly the same amp as currently offered by GK. [Edited to add:  the latest version appears to have an on/off Limiter switch on the top of the amp, so NOT the same as the latest version, sorry.]   I've only had it out of the house a handful of times, all of the gigs I have done since I bought this have been with house backline, and it's only been to rehearsals three times.  At home it's been used as a quiet practice amp and never driven hard.

A few really light scratches on the top which I've tried hard to show in the photos are the only cosmetic defects.  The only issue with the amp itself is the -10dB Pad push switch.  Sometimes it doesn't latch properly and takes a few pushes to get it to latch in.  Once it's in, it stays there unless you press it again.  This is exactly the same as when I bought it, so no deterioration in 6 years.

No trades, sorry, as I've already bought another head, so need the cash.  Any questions please ask.

For some reason I can't adjust the original selling price.  Now it's £280 delivered.  I'm not going to go much lower, I'll keep it as a backup and get rid of the Eden WT405 which is currently being repaired/serviced.

Payment by cash on collection or BACS transfer please. No Paypal (sorry) and UK only.  Here's a link to my feedback:https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/249533-feedback-for-torturedsaints/?tab=comments#comment-2608074

IMG_6752.thumb.JPG.cd31d1453bb263e912d84f75ca3ba0af.JPGIMG_3435.thumb.JPG.2fa8c0bcac7f84ae50d609a6874b79bc.JPGIMG_6021.thumb.JPG.3ab3e6f4e563b01110a5a80c2a5f294b.JPGIMG_1042.thumb.JPG.93ac79649f641b6911fbffb718839f5b.JPGIMG_7363.thumb.JPG.9cb8e1e3cea4066f5a0148112fad8126.JPG

Edited by TorturedSaints
Added clarification/Alternative pickup location/Price Drop/Spolling/NoPaypal/UK only
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Might be worth correcting the spelling of the thread title - if someone on here does a search for 'Gallien Krueger' this one might be missed.

Excellent amps btw! I had one for a while.

Thanks Cosmo!  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Superb ultra compact lightweight amp for this money, deceptively loud too, sounds more powerful than other 500W rated class D amps I have heard.

Current models have a limiter switch on top of aluminium amp casing, which may have been a design afterthought as there is not much room on front panel . 

GLWS

23 hours ago, TorturedSaints said:

Thanks Graham (loving my Quilter BB800 BTW).  I had already edited the ad some weeks ago, to highlight that the latest version of the amp has the limiter switch on top and to note that mine doesn't.  

Whoops sorry. The GK MB500 really rocks through my Barefaced Super12T too. Surprised it's still here, if I didn't have one already I would have bought it at this price! 

• Like 1

• Rich locked this topic