Why become a member? ×

Bass synth?

lloyd

54 minutes ago, xgsjx said:

Not watched the video, But that's an Industrial Radio bass.  I believe they're an Australian company.  There's a duo called Men Imitating Machines, the bassist has used one for a few years now.

All correct. I’ve been aware of them for several months now and have had a lengthy email exchange with James Chick with a view to my buying one. 

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

So why would someone get monophonic rather than polyphonic, other than perhaps cost? Seems to be limiting your options a little on mono on what you can do?

Monophonic synths often have much more in the way of timbral and modulation possibilities, partly due to the fact that you can stack up a bunch of oscillators on one note and it will sound great; if you stack up too many fat voices in poly it gets a bit overwhelming.

Monophonic is great for lead and bass sounds. Polyphonic is more for textural or chordal stuff. Polysynths don’t always do bass as well as monosynths. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all your replies guys, we do a couple of muse songs and it was really a minimum set up I was after.

I have an octave, distortion, flanger, but can never really nail his sound as I haven’t much time between songs to do an Irish jig on a dozen pedals, lol.

Lloyd