Why become a member? ×

SX or XS?

Golats

Can anybody clarify what the make of this guitar is? It looks exactly like an SX SE3, even down to the offset “side parting” on the headstock, but the logo is wrong. The same logo appears on the tuners and neck plate too.

Did SX guitars ever use a different logo...or is it an XS guitar? If it is I can’t find out anything about them on the net.

Whatever it is it’s a decent guitar, very solid build, weighty and nice to play. I bought it from Gumtree, not working. I’ve now fixed it and want to sell it on but I don’t know what to ask for it.

F587857C-96C4-4FE3-A29A-F3A9950B5CA6.jpeg

DDA04B7B-EA77-415B-B5F4-67E160FD31CB.jpeg

6CE9AA64-7D6C-4440-9DFA-A5EBAC951005.jpeg

26200405-9BC1-4706-9B8A-39C77D6CA53E.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 22:45, adamg67 said:

Got to be an SX, surely, with the headstock shape?

There's one on ebay with the same logo: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SX-Electric-Guitar-LP-Black-B-Stock-RRP-260/122963915814?epid=1554765022&hash=item1ca1387426:g:HGkAAOSwXf1agXc4

Looks the same but in black.

That's what I thought - the head shape is exactly the same, but why the different logo? I even contacted SX about it......but they ignored me 🙂

Thanks for the link @adamg67I'll keep an eye on that. I sold mine for only £64 on an eBay auction but still quite happy as I only paid £15 for it.

1 hour ago, Golats said:

That's what I thought - the head shape is exactly the same, but why the different logo? I even contacted SX about it......but they ignored me 🙂

Thanks for the link @adamg67I'll keep an eye on that. I sold mine for only £64 on an eBay auction but still quite happy as I only paid £15 for it.

I don't think you've lost much there, I don't believe the RRP of £260 for a minute. Comfortably under £100 second hand IMO, and if you're anything like me you probably enjoyed getting it working again - I just replaced all the electronics on my old Washburn Wing cos I didn't like it sitting there not working, it's probably worth less than the parts cost :)

1 hour ago, adamg67 said:

if you're anything like me you probably enjoyed getting it working again

Thoroughly enjoyed myself taking it all to bits and putting it back together...I enjoy that bit more than the money I get for them!!