Why become a member? ×

Christine and the Queens.

bubinga5

Have you seen this?

It's worth watching for the performance alone.

I bought her last album on the strength of it. That one was a bit of a mixed bag IMO, the good tracks were very good though.

I'll definitely give the new stuff a go.

Edited by Cato

20 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

Ive never heard of her before Cato. I'm slacking in my new music finding me. 😀Thanks for that vid. 

The amount of new (to me) music you've introduced me to over the last few years, I should either buy you a pint or send you a bill.

Edited by Cato
  • Haha 1

On 15/06/2018 at 19:24, bubinga5 said:

I heard this on Radio 1 earlier and love it. Me and the wife's heads were bobbing away in the car.  I thought we were listening to another station too be honest. 

They've been popping up on Radio 2 as well, recently. They've clearly passed me by before, but really like this stuff.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2018 at 19:24, bubinga5 said:

I heard this on Radio 1 earlier and love it. Me and the wife's heads were bobbing away in the car.  I thought we were listening to another station too be honest. 

This is an outstanding pop song. Classy retro feel, elite musicianship, no cow poop. Superb. Neck now suffering from bobbing.

8 minutes ago, EJWW said:

This is an outstanding pop song. Classy retro feel, elite musicianship, no cow poop. Superb. Neck now suffering from bobbing.

Shades of the late M. Jackson in there somewhere, I think. :| Not that that's a bad thing, maybe, but not a fan of the genre in general. I gave the other one its chance, too (Tilting, or similar..?), but, although the video was well executed, I could understand only 'magic marker' in the lyrics, so I looked 'em up. I understood not much more having read 'em. :(

Edited by Dad3353

While the performance is all very polished it bores me silly; it goes nowhere musically - it's just those 2 annoying chords with some very minor widdling over the top. And in common with everything I've seen from her it relies on a dance routine. Which is excellent for those that like that sort of thing - but I'm afraid I like the music to do the talking, all the extra froth is just a bit of polish.

I'm afraid this music is lacking in cojones - but each to their own!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

While the performance is all very polished it bores me silly; it goes nowhere musically - it's just those 2 annoying chords with some very minor widdling over the top. And in common with everything I've seen from her it relies on a dance routine. Which is excellent for those that like that sort of thing - but I'm afraid I like the music to do the talking, all the extra froth is just a bit of polish.

I'm afraid this music is lacking in cojones - but each to their own!

Totally agree with Mr Smalls comments after giving these vids a listen, it falls into the “throw away pop” category for me, similar to Beyoncé etc, artists who have to be surrounded by dancers.

4 hours ago, steantval said:

Totally agree with Mr Smalls comments after giving these vids a listen, it falls into the “throw away pop” category for me, similar to Beyoncé etc, artists who have to be surrounded by dancers.

Hardly, she is a dancer and singer, its part of the song, she is an entertainer. Beyonce merely employs dancers to draw attention away from her poor singing. Throw away pop?  Well, you can call it what you like I call Tilted, the whole experience, a breath of entertaining air.

Edited by mikel

2 minutes ago, mikel said:

Hardly, she is a dancer and singer, its part of the song, she is an entertainer. Beyonce merely employs dancers to draw attention away from her poor singing.

Kylie is a singer and a dancer, it doesn’t mean I have to enjoy what she does, IMHO what I heard and saw in the vids is what I consider as throw away pop, 18 months time, Christine and the Queens - who? 

1 hour ago, Leonard Smalls said:

One man's breath of entertaining air is another man's foul stench from the Devil's bottom!

😁

S'a funny old thing, taste...

Well, quite, but I came to a thread about someone finding and enjoying C and the Queens to give them a bit of background. You seem to have joined a thread about an act you clearly don't like, simply to say how much you don't like them. Why bother? It wont change the OPs opinion.

28 minutes ago, mikel said:

Well, quite...

Well, quite, but I came to this thread to watch/listen to a band I knew nothing about, and so gave it a go (otherwise why post these topics at all..?). It turns out that, like Lenny, I was, let's say,.. unimpressed, and chose to post in that vein. It's just my opinion, and for my part I have no wish to change the view of anyone at all, but it's comment on an open forum on a subject of interest to several. I'd have thought that all loyal views would be welcome, whether for or against. I'll post again in the same spirit on any similar subjects if I feel inspired to. :|

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Seen her on Later a couple of times and on another programme and frankly she's just another case of emperors's new clothes. Take the Jacko/Madge inspired dance routines out of the equation and there's not much left.

Tilted is a proper ear worm