Why become a member? Ɨ

Old Orange PA 120

Mykesbass

Need some help with a value please - yes, sometime, many years ago, someone decided orange was not their colourĀ šŸ˜©Ā and it needs some new valves, but I'm sure it is worth more than the Ā£50 my singer's husband was going to sell it for!! Any ideas please?Ā https://www.flickr.com/photos/151072544@N08/albums/72157696297974771

Ā 

If it works then it is worth more than that, the only fly in the ointment might be if the transformers are bust, the output transformers are costly items to replace and that would detract considerably from their value. Mr Foxen who used to post here frequently but has gone quiet might be someone to contact as he did a lot of work on old valve amps. Everything else on these amps can be replaced fairly simply.

Mmm - a 'dealer' would probably offer around 350.00 -

it needs paint stripping & workshopping......it's an 'Orange'

not an 'Orange Matamp' which are very much more desirable.

These, I think, are a clone off the Ormat 120, which is a very

nice bit of kit............if someone wants to knock it out for 50.00,

I'm happy to take a chance (!).

šŸ˜Ž.

10 hours ago, aitkenaudio said:

Well I'd be interested in buying it if you're thinking of selling it. If you're willing to wait and get it fully serviced etc. you'll get around 600 - 800 for it depending on how lucky you get

Well if you do I'll make sure I pay the seller's subscription, as that wasn't the intention of my post!!