Why become a member? ×

Nottingham bass bash - THIS SATURDAY 28th

budget bassist

[quote name='Gazm' post='423265' date='Mar 2 2009, 02:41 PM']I'm the one twiddling his knob :rolleyes:

Actually, its my knob I'm twiddling, Andy was playing with it at the time ;)

Pete.[/quote]

I wish I could say I'm far too mature to find a statement like that even remotely amusing...

... but I can't.

So I shall just snigger immaturely to myself :) :D

[quote name='Prosebass' post='422050' date='Feb 28 2009, 10:43 PM'][/quote]

thats the only picture of me i afriad, none of my face.

what made me laugh is the way me and my dad in the picture before are sat in very similar positions, both looking at the fretboard

[quote name='skywalker' post='423278' date='Mar 2 2009, 02:55 PM']Was Moody there?? - Not seen him lurking here for a while.[/quote]

nope

Fortunately none of me either (one of the least photogenic people on the planet) unless you count the miniscule bit of me appearing over tauzero's left shoulder in one of the group shots. Mind you even that bit could probably frighten horses and small children so best not look...That's definitely my bass LWTAIT's playing (more skilfully than I can) in above pic though.

Edited by KevB

Hey guys, just a note to say how grateful I am for everyone involved in setting up this event and to all those who attended. You make Basschat proud! Hopefully we can have a national bash soon.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='Prosebass' post='422050' date='Feb 28 2009, 10:43 PM']Cheers Sam for the organising and thanks Simon for the strings... :) BigRedX's Born To Rock F4B was the most original bass I have seen since I first picked up a Travis Bean way back when. Surprising nice to play once I stopped plucking the strings the wrong side of the bridge....!!!

Great to meet you all and thanks for the words of encouragement. I had an excellent chilled afternoon see you all again soon I hope.

Seeing as the basses have been covered here are a few "people" pictures. They are in black and white as that carpet was giving me a headache... :rolleyes:

Paul

[/quote]
I'm in the first pic, the guy on the far left, holding the bass.
In the forth pic, playing the fretless Warwick Thumb.
And finally, the fifth pic, on the far right, holding the fretless jazz.
Great basses those were, first time I played a fretless as well. Preferred the Warwick because it had the lines, and the neck profile was great. I believe it was Tauzeros, and he had it reprofiled to the same as his Warwick JD Thumb.

Zach

[quote name='Jarhead' post='423638' date='Mar 2 2009, 08:42 PM']Great basses those were, first time I played a fretless as well. Preferred the Warwick because it had the lines, and the neck profile was great. I believe it was Tauzeros, and he had it reprofiled to the same as his Warwick JD Thumb.[/quote]
Yes, it's the perfect 4-string neck profile for me.

[quote name='ped' post='423511' date='Mar 2 2009, 06:39 PM']Hey guys, just a note to say how grateful I am for everyone involved in setting up this event and to all those who attended. You make Basschat proud! Hopefully we can have a national bash soon.

Cheers
ped[/quote]
without wishing to start too elongated a debate, where would that be, do you think?