Why become a member? ×

Nottingham bass bash - THIS SATURDAY 28th

budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='415567' date='Feb 20 2009, 05:05 PM']Ahhhh right, was that a jap precision?[/quote]

Talking about me behind my back?!

Its this one just - Mex P body, and now a Squier Classic vibe neck.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=41709"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=41709[/url]

It actually sounds awesome, and I may bring it to the bash if it hasn't sold! The ATK has now sold, so I'm now planning to bring the Shuker, Stingray, Thumb, and fretless Jazz.

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='Jarhead' post='415487' date='Feb 20 2009, 04:03 PM']OK, I'll bring my jazz, but be warned, its beaten up quite badly for a relatively new bass.
Zach[/quote]
well, as OldGit of this this parish will tell you, my Jazz has some cosmetic flaws too. Not visible from front though.

We will have to wear name badges or somesuch as I, for one, wont know who anyone actually is.

Edited by Geek99

[quote name='Geek99' post='415989' date='Feb 21 2009, 09:46 AM']well, as OldGit of this this parish will tell you, my Jazz has some cosmetic flaws too. Not visible from front though.

We will have to wear name badges or somesuch as I, for one, wont know who anyone actually is.[/quote]
Aye, i was planning on doing that, i'll have to get round to it some time this week.

If there's anything else anybody else wants doing preparation-wise, just give me a shout. I'll probably sort some food out too.

Oh and as for entry, i think £4 a head sounds fair? That way we can make sure everyone pays the same, and if there's any left over, i'll donate it to basschat or a charity.

[quote name='Geek99' post='415989' date='Feb 21 2009, 09:46 AM']well, as OldGit of this this parish will tell you, my Jazz has some cosmetic flaws too. Not visible from front though.

We will have to wear name badges or somesuch as I, for one, wont know who anyone actually is.[/quote]
OK, mine also happens to be covered in stickers, but I'm fairly sure that wouldn't affect the tone [i]too[/i] much.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='416110' date='Feb 21 2009, 01:10 PM']Aye, i was planning on doing that, i'll have to get round to it some time this week.

If there's anything else anybody else wants doing preparation-wise, just give me a shout. I'll probably sort some food out too.

Oh and as for entry, i think £4 a head sounds fair? That way we can make sure everyone pays the same, and if there's any left over, i'll donate it to basschat or a charity.[/quote]
£4 a piece sounds fair. I can squeeze my dad for that, seeing as I blew all my cash on various other things. Will the bar be open? Just wondering if I would be able to buy a pint. Of coke, obviously.
Zach

[quote name='Jarhead' post='416400' date='Feb 21 2009, 10:26 PM']£4 a piece sounds fair. I can squeeze my dad for that, seeing as I blew all my cash on various other things. Will the bar be open? Just wondering if I would be able to buy a pint. Of coke, obviously.
Zach[/quote]
Aye, bar shall be open ;)

Any requests regarding food?

[quote name='budget bassist' post='416869' date='Feb 22 2009, 07:55 PM']I'll bear all that stuff in mind ^^^

And maybe a friendly basschatter might be kind enough to buy you one[/quote]
Lovely, thanks mate. I speak for everyone who will be here when I say thanks to you and anyone else who helped you for organizing this. I'll avoid spilling it on anyones bass, I promise ;)
Zach

[quote name='budget bassist' post='418546' date='Feb 24 2009, 04:58 PM']I'll see what i can do, though i don't want to get too much and have nobody eat it...[/quote]
Can the venue do it for you? They're generally good at doing stuff to price or numbers

Sorry but we're not going to be able to make this ;)

Really fed up, I know I can't contribute anything worthwhile but I was really looking forward to meeting lots of you guys.

Oh well, I suppose it will help to keep Tinman's GAS under control for a while.

Sorry if this has messed you about with numbers :P