Why become a member? ×

Musicman SR5 Question...

carlsim

Hi everyone, I have my stingray 5 and somehow, the selector switch tip (the black plastic bit on the end) has gone missing!

I bought one from an online supplier, but I think this is more for a strat or tele as the slot wasn't wide enough.

I have tried to 'open' it up a bit to no avail. Online, all i can seem to find is strat esque ones - anyone got any bright ideas as to where to look? 

I don't want to have to go to Ernie Ball and but a whole new switch just for a bit of plastic! Please help!

1 minute ago, carlsim said:

Hi everyone, I have my stingray 5 and somehow, the selector switch tip (the black plastic bit on the end) has gone missing!

I bought one from an online supplier, but I think this is more for a strat or tele as the slot wasn't wide enough.

I have tried to 'open' it up a bit to no avail. Online, all i can seem to find is strat esque ones - anyone got any bright ideas as to where to look? 

I don't want to have to go to Ernie Ball and but a whole new switch just for a bit of plastic! Please help!

These guys are a UK distributor >> http://www.stringsandthings.co.uk/
They might be able to help?

Eude

Just now, obbm said:

I have several spare ones.  If you PM me name and address I'll pop one in the post.

That would be incredible! Would it def fit as I bought a couple which are from a strat and they are too small... don't want to waste your postage!

If you think they do, let me know and will PM you. LOVE Basschat and its community!

Just now, obbm said:

Unless they've changed the design it should fit.  I had exactly the same problem some years ago and EB sent me a bag of them.  I just need to find them.

You diamond! Will PM you now with my address. It's an older SR5 so should be fine.