Why become a member? ×

1959 Fender Precision Bass SOLD
£11950

HI All,

Up for sale is my 100% original 1959 Fender Precision Bass with its OHSC.  Sunburst finish, gold ano guard and maple neck - perhaps the holy grail of P basses.

I've owned this one for some years now and although its not without its dings, dongs, scratches, play wear etc (see pics), overall it is in terrific condition for its age.....light also at 8.5lbs.

Plays and sounds fantastic - low action all the way up the neck.  The sunburst is still very vibrant and the chrome looks fabulous, very few signs of tarnishing.

Like many other '59 Fender basses and guitars, no neck date (the mythical reason why is quite amusing) but 59 body date, pot codes and serial number.

In summary, a rare bass in enviable condition & priced competitively.

Cheers, Si

fullsizeoutput_2e54.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e76.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e5a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e5d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e5e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e67.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e75.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e6e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e72.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e7d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e7e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e7f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2e81.jpeg

Edited by 0353203
  • Like 3

4 string basses hold no interest to me...

EXCEPT... this one. Absolutely outstanding. The condition for the near 60 years it been alive is stunning.

The temptation to sell up half the collection and replace it with this is almost overwhelming...

16 hours ago, Kevsy71 said:

That fingerboard is incredible!! Another beauty Si, now I just need to find a Fantasy World Cup league with an £11K prizepot... GLWTS!

Many thanks Kev - just pop a tenner on us reaching the final - that should cover it !!!

😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ricksterphil said:

Ooh loverly......just signing into the Lotto website for a tenner's worth!

..and done. All being well I'll be taking this off your hands tomorrow - it's only a 4 gadzillion to one chance 😂

• ped locked this topic