Why become a member? ×

That 'valve sound'

la bam

I started of with the compressore which helped a lot but it was the VT3 that's got a clean boost that really gives a lovely valve roundness. The other one is an experiment to add more valves in the chain with the option of more drive if it comes to it. I think it's sounding really good and I'm very happy with it. I got the vt3 off ebay for £20 described as not working. I sent it to Dave to test and it was just a case of the person not using the correct power supply... Dave didn''t charge me for checking it out. I bought the correct one and Hey presto! Can't recommend Dave and his pedals highly enough.

Edited by julesb

1 hour ago, miles'tone said:

Def, really decent article that. Just goes to show that  inefficient and poorly designed aren`t necessarily factors to be taken into account when it`s your ears making the decision. From reading the article you`d get the impression that everything was being done wrong and that the sound would be hideous, but drop that sound in the mix and all makes sense.

• Like 1