Why become a member? ×

BassChat Podcast Feedback & Discussion

Akio Dāku

Just wanted to float the idea because I think BassChat should have an affiliate podcast. The name is perfect for it and I'm missing a good bass podcast for when I'm at work. So I'm just going to share this link; https://www.libsyn.com and try to summon the people I think could make my dreams come true; @ped @Kiwi @Hamster @charic @Skol303 @Dad3353

Seriously though; I think it could be a pretty good income stream for the forum if set up properly, you know, with sponsorship and what not. I'd listen if you put one out a week.  

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Sounds great, if only I knew what a 'podcast' was..! o.O 

A podcast is very useful in the kitchen garden on those occasions when one proudly surveys one's burgeoning crop of peas and / or legumes only to discover that one of the pods has prematurely split open.

Nil desperandum! Simply mix four tbsps of baking powder with 3 tsps of dilute 50:50 PVA glue / water and gently form the resulting mixture around the split pod to hold it together. Allow to dry. When the pod has reached optimum fruition gently open the cast with a modelling chisel, remove the contents and Hey! Presto! you're ready to cook.

Podcast. A cast for a pod. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

I like this idea, you could interview members, showcase their music, talk about the most interesting basses in the For Sale section, pick out the month’s most popular ‘off topic’ thread (like that one about the disposable butt-wipes for example) and chat about it. Doesn’t have to be too serious.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

A podcast is very useful...

Ah... Thanks for that; I'll sleep slightly wiser tonight than I would otherwise have done. I'm heartened to think that BC members are taking such an interest in gardening, although such devotion to this humble pulse food surprises me a little. One learns a little something every day..! B|

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ped said:

Interesting idea. Do we have any podcasters who would be willing to do a round up of the news and top arguments of the week?

For free?  I'd have to have an incentive.  Also, I've got a face made for radio so cam would not be something I'd do willingly.

I do support the notion however and would be happy to get involved in a BC team effort.

PS:  Previous experience was on BlogTV before it went worldwide and became commercial.

Podcast.png.d652733981587689a07f8f7ca830a3af.png

Edited by SpondonBassed

8 hours ago, ped said:

Interesting idea. Do we have any podcasters who would be willing to do a round up of the news and top arguments of the week?

19 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

For free?  I'd have to have an incentive.  Also, I've got a face made for radio so cam would not be something I'd do willingly.

I do support the notion however and would be happy to get involved in a BC team effort.

PS:  Previous experience was on BlogTV before it went worldwide and became commercial.

I like the team effort idea. I've done my own podcast on and off for a few years but it's more just an excuse to be self indulgent and catch up with friends abroad, but I guess I've got a skill set I could contribute. Even that's a lot of work for one person though. I think maybe coming up with a set format and having "section heads" if you will. So maybe 6 people who each record a 20min section or 4 people who do a half hour slot each... Or maybe 3 people running it, two people doing half hour editorial sections and one doing an hour interview? Then compile that into a 2hour cast, it could be fortnightly or monthly to take the pressure off? Just spit balling. 

5 hours ago, project_c said:

I like this idea, you could interview members, showcase their music, talk about the most interesting basses in the For Sale section, pick out the month’s most popular ‘off topic’ thread (like that one about the disposable butt-wipes for example) and chat about it. Doesn’t have to be too serious.

I like these as segment ideas, I think it could be pretty cool if we had a team on it. I'd be happy to conduct an interview or do a "members music" section and do the final comp of everything. We'd also need someone to do the administration side of things; type up shown notes, upload the thing and just generally run the libsyn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norris said:

Nice idea by @Akio Dāku there. You could feature the composition competition. Maybe talk about the photo competition too - great for audio :)

I'd favour an audio version too but I think we have to consider the yoof.  An audio only podcast might not be engaging enough for younger minds.

Akio, I don't know if you had an AV presentation in mind or audio only.

7 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

A podcast is very useful in the kitchen garden on those occasions when one proudly surveys one's burgeoning crop of peas and / or legumes only to discover that one of the pods has prematurely split open.

Nil desperandum! Simply mix four tbsps of baking powder with 3 tsps of dilute 50:50 PVA glue / water and gently form the resulting mixture around the split pod to hold it together. Allow to dry. When the pod has reached optimum fruition gently open the cast with a modelling chisel, remove the contents and Hey! Presto! you're ready to cook.

Podcast. A cast for a pod. 

Ah that explains where I've being going wrong.  I thought it was about fly fishing for whales.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

I’m not sure a podcast would reach a large enough audience to justify it..?

I see where your coming from. I support the idea of a podcast but I think the majority of members here wouldn’t be interested. Prove me wrong.

My personal take on the format is thus:

A few, perhaps 4, different members each episode, who engage in conversation. Perhaps about some popular threads, or their story getting into bass, their gear etc. It obviously evolves from those basic points as it’s a conversation. 

I feel that format, perhaps over one hour, would be infinitely more interesting than just one person talking for x amount of time without answer.

Si

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sibob said:

My personal take on the format is thus:

A few, perhaps 4, different members each episode, who engage in conversation. Perhaps about some popular threads, or their story getting into bass, their gear etc. It obviously evolves from those basic points as it’s a conversation. 

I feel that format, perhaps over one hour, would be infinitely more interesting than just one person talking for x amount of time without answer.

Si

I'd happily come and talk about making basses :)

I'm not wild on the sound of my own voice... but I LOOOOVE my own opinions :P

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ead said:

Ah that explains where I've being going wrong.  I thought it was about fly fishing for whales.

According to J R Hartley*; Start small with something modest like, for example, Anglesey.  Wales is for the more experienced fly guy.

*May contain traces of advertising

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Haha 3